Services Plugins FAQs

AWS S3 Uploader - File's over 500mb not uploading

It looks like the AWS S3 Uploader plugin is working great, except files of a certain size are not uploading properly and get stuck. A user experienced this twice while trying to upload a 500mb file. Here (Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software) you can see it’s completely stuck at 13.46%. My guess is there is a file size limit being hit and it stops.

Another separate issue we face is the plugin is not resetting the uploader when we ask it to in the workflow. This means someone has to refresh in order to upload again. Image below of our workflow:

Hi @maxlouiscreative,

Thanks for reporting. Unfortunately these issues do not replicate on our side. Could you please make sure you are using the latest version of this plugin? We had some troubles with Reset action, but we fixed it some time ago and everything is up-and-running now. :pray:

For 500mb file issue, there could be 2 reasons for this: max file size and max timeout

Try to set these values so the max file size is greater than or equal to, and set the max timeout so the large file has actually some time to be loaded before the time runs out per upload.

However, if you still have these issues, please send screenshots and/or screencast of your app, workflow and plugin element settings, so we can try to replicate the exact setups on our side and see where the possible problem is.

We’ll check on it in this case and get back to you asap!

Best,
Alex

Hey Alex,

Thanks a lot we’ve fixed the issue I had with the upload - sorry about that one!

As for the reset, still can’t get it working. https://www.loom.com/share/dcbb127aa9894d4fb37f4cd71e0c0497

Max.

Thanks @maxlouiscreative for confirming on first one.

But we are not able to see what exactly is not working on your side. The Reset action is doing its job greatly - resetting the container from uploaded file. What do you expect from this plugin to perform?

Alex

The uploader is no longer there. I’ve checked the debug and it is in fact visible, but it’s just not showing. This means if I upload a file, close that popup, then try to upload another, it is not possible.

TLDR; once the uploader is used, it no longer works until refresh.

Sorry @maxlouiscreative,

This issue is still not reproducing on our side. I assume it is based on your app setups. Could you please try to create a blank page and simply place the plugin element for testing purposes, just to make sure it is working on its own with Reset action.

If everything is fine, please share a screencast of your design setups as well, so we can actually replicate the exact steps to reproduce this issue on our side, then see where the problem is. (please make sure to show all of your plugin element settings so we replicate these ones as well)

Alex

Hey!

Thanks for the help, we’ll continue to looking into what is causing this bug as it’s still not clear, but it is working in the app on an empty page. If it’s a plugin bug, I’ll be sure to report it.