Services Plugins FAQs

AWS Uploader error : Request signature does not match signature provided

:rotating_light: EMERGENCY !!! :rotating_light:

Hello, I installed the AWS plugin, everything worked perfectly fine. I even went live a few weeks ago. Then this morning, without me changing anything, I have a new error that appears: “The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method”. And this error often alternates with another: “Server responded with 0 code”.

I read some posts that said to check the pool credentials, I checked them and they are fine, nothing has changed. I’ve also never logged into the AWS account since I completed the setup, so there’s no chance I changed anything by mistake.

I need urgent help please I am already in production

I just wasted half of my day due to poor handling of error messages from the AWS File Storage plugin which made me look for the source of my error elsewhere when it was something quite simple.

I have a training video marketplace application where my users can self-upload their training videos.
In order to organize the videos in my AWS account I classify them by folder and the name of the folder is the name of the main training that contains the videos. Everything was working fine until a user put an apostrophe in their course title.
It was a case that I could have foreseen and certainly avoided, but it happened that during my tests I did not have this problem so I did not foresee the case.

Nevertheless, I could have saved hours of research and headaches starting all my integration from scratch if the error message told me that it was a syntax error and NOT that my AWS identity pool was INCORRECT. I spent hours looking for the problem elsewhere before finally figuring out it was just due to a small apostrophe.

So I’m sharing my experience to save a few hours for someone else in a similar situation. And draw developers’ attention to the terrible truth that a well-documented error warning system can save a life.

Hi @wolfgeek16.freelance, thanks for letting us know that you’ve found the issue cause.
A
Apologies for the inconveniences met during the plugin use.

The developer team will check how the error messages can be adjusted to be more appropriate to the real error cause.

If there will be any other questions or suggestions that you would like to share, please let me know :pray:

Regards,

1 Like

Hello, @wolfgeek16.freelance :slightly_smiling_face:

Just wanted to let you know that we have updated the plugin with new features - we have added new error messages:

Wrong API keys (Identity pool ID) inserted
Wrong bucket name inserted

Please update your plugin to the latest version to give it a try. Hope it helps!
:sunflower: