Services Plugins FAQs

Bing search function

Can someone give me a step by step guide to make a simple bing search?

I have a search box, a button, and a multi line input. I also have the bing search api downloaded

I want to type a word or phrase into the search box, click the button, and then the results visible in the multi line input (or better suited element).

Thank you for your time in advance

Josh

Hello @josh5,

Thanks for reaching out!

We will prepare a guide and a demo of Bing plugin. It will take some time but we will do our best to provide you the information ASAP.

Regards,
Alex.

Hello @josh5,

Sorry for taking so long, we are still working on the demo development. I will let you know when it will be available.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello Alex,

Any luck on the bing search? Thank you for your time.

Very Respectfully,

Josh

Hello @josh5,

I am afraid still we need additional time. Currently, we are waiting for the testing version keys which is taking more time to get compared to the standard one.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience!

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello @josh5,

Unfortunately, we still don’t have keys for testing and we could not provide a demo page for showcasing plugin functionalities. The only solution that I can propose is to show an example of how to set up the plugin. Please see it below.

For showing the results of the search the best option is to use a repeating group. The following example is for Image results but with all other types of data, the settings will be similar. The settings of the repeating group should be as in the following screenshot.

In the field (param.) q - should be used the value of the input that you will use for searching.

Also, in the repeating group will be needed an Image element with the following settings:

In the end, you will have a repeating group that will show all images that correspond to query inputted in the field used for search.

I hope this will be helpful and sorry for taking so long with providing the solution.

Best Regards,
Alex