Services Plugins FAQs

Bing Web Search Not Returning Results

I am trying to build an online search that searches for the the UPC results of a BDK’s barcode scanner

1. The results of the Barcode Scanner are in “BN-Scancode A’s content” and I have it written out to screen to confirm.
  2. Add a repeating group and set the type of content to “Bing Search webPages Value (Bing Image Search)”

1. Then set the Data Source to “Get Data from an External API” and set the “q” value to “BN-Scancode A’s content”

1. Set the values of the webresults in the RG text fields for the “Name” (the headline result), the “URL”, and the “snippet”

1. Test it on BDK Native App… and I do not get anything in the repeating group - it is empty

The Workflow contains the following

Any help would be really appreciated. I would love to end the week with something working!!!

Thanks
Erik

I will gladly pay someone to help me with this and another couple of problems I am having with Bubble just direct message me.

Hi @lindquisterik1,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting! Unfortunately, our plugins work with Bubble framework only and we cannot guarantee their functionalities with native wrappers.

Thanks for understanding.

Best,
Alex

Hi Alex,
The real issue seems to be that you are using the old azure cognitive services which are going to end on October 30, 2020, which is a couple days from now, and my keys were made for bing’s new search functionality. I have made a quick bubble bing search api that uses the endpoint:
https://api.bing.microsoft.com/v7.0/images/search

And it works just fine.

You may want to look at updating your bing search plugin endpoints before they get depricated.

Thanks,
Erik

Thanks @lindquisterik1 for feedback here as well.

It is strange because Microsoft will transition the Bing API from Cognitive Services to Azure Marketplace 3 years from now, so it should be running well until October 2023.

But I’m glad you managed to make it work on your side. :pray:

Hi @alexandru

It would be great to see what the differences between Bing and the Cognitive search are, except I cant seem to find a place to generate the keys that will work for your Bing Search. But I have now got keys for a lot of interesting Azure services.

If you could please point me to the Azure portal and the service I should create, perhaps a picture would help others too.

Thanks,

Erik

Hi @lindquisterik1,

So you have done everything correctly. The idea is that existing instances of objects will work for 3 years and will stop its functionality after October 2023. But for now, if you create new Azure account and willing to implement the Bing API, it is required to use the new ones as you already done.

Hope it makes sense :pray: