Services Plugins FAQs

Blank Rows Appear When Downloading XLSX

I created and downloaded a file using Repeating Group to CSV / XLSX, but encountered an issue where blank rows are inserted between the rows.

Upon inspecting my app, I noticed that one of the columns sets its value through a Repeating Group. Whenever there is a value in that section, a blank row is created underneath it in the exported file. It seems like some kind of bug.

How can I resolve this issue?

Hello @kyuhyunhaan,

Thank you for reaching out!

To assist you more effectively, could you please provide additional details about your use case? Specifically, we’re looking for screenshots and screencasts:

1. Of your workflow setup, especially the action’s setup.
  2. Details on how you’ve configured the repeating group.
  3. Information on how your database is set up, specifically the table where you get your data from.
  4. The issues you’re encountering, and what you expected to happen instead.

For screencast recording, Loom is a great option. Please ensure you record your video in step-by-step mode with the browser’s console visible, especially if there are any error messages.

Sharing these details will allow us to better understand and replicate your setup, helping us to provide you with a more accurate assistance.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your reply. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hello @Stephan
I just recorded a Loom explaining the problem with empty rows in the table.
It seems to be caused by the repeating group inside the main repeating group.

Check it out here: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom.

Please let me know if this is unclear to you! Thanks!

Hello @kyuhyunhaan,

Thank you for sharing the details of your issue.

Based on the video you provided, it appears that the problem with the empty cells is due to the presence of an additional RG within one of the cells, as demonstrated in the video.

Upon further examination and testing, I encountered an unusual output in the CSV file when attempting to insert another RG into the target RG for download.

However, have you considered simply placing the list of items directly in the cell? This approach would avoid nesting an RG within another RG, potentially resulting in a more coherent output for incorporating the list of texts into your CSV file.

I hope you find this information useful. Please let us know if it addresses your inquiry or if there are any other questions you have.

Thank you once again, and I eagerly await your response.

Best regards,
Stephan

Thanks, inspired by your suggestion, I implemented my feature in other way.
For bypassing the problem, I duplicated exact the same table only for downloading a file which doesn’t use repeating group inside the cell. I t only uses texts inside it.

Thanks for sincere support!:+1:

Hello @kyuhyunhaan,

I’m so delighted to hear that the solution proved helpful for your use-case, your positive feedback is incredibly valuable to us.

Please feel free to reach us again when you need some help or assistance. It will be a pleasure to cooperate. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you’re willing, we would be immensely grateful if you could share your experience by leaving a review. It not only supports us but also helps the wider Bubble community in making informed choices.

To rate our plugin, simply visit the Plugins tab in your Bubble editor, find the plugin by name, and share your experience through the rating system.

Additionally, if you’d like to extend your feedback to a broader audience, we invite you to leave a review on Trustpilot: Zeroqode on Trustpilot. Your insights and experiences are greatly appreciated and serve as a motivation for our team to continue delivering exceptional service. :pray:

Thank you for choosing Zeroqode, and I wish you all the best!

Have a great week ahead.
Stephan