Services Plugins FAQs

Booky repeat booking

How do you make repeat bookings on Booky? Like repeat from 3pm - 4pm every Monday with an end date of 6/1/21? And delete individual events? Kind of like Google calendar. If I you can walk me through how to do this, I’ll definitely buy the template :slight_smile: Thank you!

Hi @caseydz122, thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, the current Booky template set up doesn’t provide the option of repeated bookings. Sorry for the inconvenience.

All available template features you can find in template supporting documentation and demo page, available here:

Kindly consider that all our templates are fully customizable, which means it is possible to change almost any design/functional part. So, the feature that you would like to implement (repeated booking) would require the adjustment of template’s current payment and calendar workflows.

If you would like to customize the template by yourself, that would require you to gain some solid Bubble skills first.

Let me propose you check our Zeroqode LAB website, there we have a lot of useful free and paid courses that should be helpful: https://lab.zeroqode.com/courses

Many of them, especially those that cover the no-code basic principles are free and will allow you to know more about Bubble platform functionality.

You may start with the Bubble for Beginners Course available on https://lab.zeroqode.com/course/bubble-for-beginners-course-1549860685047x857418658238693400

Your learning progress will be available within your profile on the site, so you always will be able to come back to the point where you previously paused the course.

Also, useful information in this regard you may find here:

Also, please check some useful information about calendar setup and repeated events here:

Hope it helps.

P.S. In case you would be interested to purchase this or any of our templates, as a small token of our gratitude - you can use my personal promo code to get you 5% off any template.

Please use SERG5 code at checkout and make sure it’s all IN CAPS.

Regards,