Services Plugins FAQs

Browser Session or Local Storage Plugin for Bubble

There isnt a lot of documentation on this. I want to set it up so that I can have a feature that a non logged in user could use for a max number of times.

I think that I have to set it up with a data type that is User sessions and the fields would be last submission date, SessionID, and submission count.

I assume that I would have to make the plugin search for the SessionID when the page is loaded and if it doesn’t find the SessionID it would create one.

How do I do all of this? Search for a sessionID and create one if it isn’t there and then limi the session to x amount per a week etc.

Hi @pmichaelb,

Thank you for reaching out!

Based on your description, setting up what you need on your Bubble page should be feasible with our plugin. However, providing specific setup instructions might be akin to a custom build, which is beyond our scope of support. We encourage you to explore the plugin and tailor it to your requirements :pray:

For your use case, I can suggest also checking out our “Fingerprint IP Address/Device Plugin for Bubble.” It generates a unique identifier for devices, which can be useful for recognizing repeat visits. You can see how it works on the demo page and access the editor here for setup insights.

This approach allows you to store the unique ID in your database to track if a device has previously interacted with your service, helping manage free user limitations effectively.

Should you have further inquiries or need assistance with our plugins, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via the forum or at support@zeroqode.com.

Best regards :sunflower:

Thank you for the response/help. I have managed to log it with the browser session and I will do it with the new plugin as well. However - it doesn’t load on page does it? It seems like I have to trigger it to the database through a submission button. On page load I try to create a new thing based on the number being logged and it doesn’t do so.

Hello @pmichaelb,

Great to know that you’ve started using the plugin and it’s working for now :pray:

I apologize, but I’m not entirely clear on the issue you’re currently facing. Could you give me more details or correct me if I’ve misunderstood?

Regarding your concern:

“However - it doesn’t load on page, does it?”

The plugin element should indeed stay visible on the page, but there is the the option to make it transparent so it’s not visible to users.

And about:

“On page load I try to create a new thing based on the number being logged and it doesn’t do so.”

Could you explain how you’re attempting to do this? It might be an issue with timing between Bubble and the plugin, where the plugin hasn’t fully loaded by the time you’re trying to read data from a session. Any additional details you can provide will be helpful.

Looking forward to your response!

Best regards :hibiscus: