Services Plugins FAQs

Bubble Page to PDF converter - Access key Id Bucket

Hello,
the most recent version (1.124.0) of the plugin: Bubble Page to PDF converter, adds different fields such as Access Key Id Bucket, Secret Access Key, Region and Endpoint. Which, if I understand, are made to secure access to the PDF file link. However I don’t see any information on the values ​​to enter in the documentation.

For information, we are looking for a way to secure access to the file, for example via a token, similar to the Bubble API

Thank you for your feedback,
Thomas

Hello @thomas.chevalier,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You’re correct; in the plugin version “1.124.0”, we introduced a new feature that allows you to save PDFs directly to an S3 Bucket. This uses S3 to efficiently manage and store large volumes of PDFs, benefiting from S3’s robust features to enhance overall performance.

If you decide to use it, you can find step-by-step instructions on our documentation page (img).

Alternatively, if you are just looking to secure access to the files, you can actually do that using Bubble’s functionalities (img) found in the Data tab → Privacy, where you can set up your preferred rules.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Wishing you a great weekend ahead!

Best regards,
Stefan

Hello @thomas.chevalier,

I hope this message finds you well.

I wanted to touch base and see how things are going with securing access to your PDF files using the Bubble Page to PDF converter. Have you had a chance to implement the new S3 Bucket feature or set up the privacy rules in Bubble as we discussed?

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re here to help ensure everything works smoothly for you. :hugs:

Looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Stefan

hello, we try to set up our AWS S3, maybe we tell you today if we have difficulties with that.

regarding privacy rules in Bubble, it is not what we are looking for (privacy do no block pdf files from being downloaded without security) but maybe we are mistaked ?

Regards

1 Like

Hello @alexis.bourdeau,

Thank you for your message and for keeping us updated.

Please do let us know how your integration with the AWS S3 bucket progresses and if you have any questions along the way.

Regarding privacy rules, you can certainly use them to restrict access to specific files for designated individuals. Could you clarify whether the PDFs are downloaded only when you use the plugin’s “Generate PDF” action, or are you using another method to download them in your workflow? Understanding more about your setup will enable us to provide a better response.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Stefan

hello,
our PDF are saved with the option “S3 save”,
and then they are downloaded later by another system with the AWS S3 utl link we find in the DB for the PDF. But this url is not protected.

Hello,
I tried to save the PDF with the “save in S3 Bucket” and I encountered the following error:

Could you let me know what might be causing the problem ?

Best regards,
Adrien

Here is the plugin configuration (I had to create a new access point in AWS S3, which is the one I added in the endpoint path; it’s an alias access point):

Best regards,
Adrien

Hello @alexis.bourdeau,

Thank you for reaching out.

For enhanced security of your data stored in the database, you can refer to this section [link] in Bubble’s documentation. Alternatively, consider using a hashing plugin for better protection of the information in your database.

If you have any more questions or encounter any issues, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Hello @adrien.brunet,

Thank you for reaching out.

Based on the images you’ve provided, it appears there is an issue with the AWS region setting. For AWS configurations, please use the technical identifier “eu-west-3” instead of the descriptive name “Europe (Paris) eu-west-3”. The identifier “eu-west-3” is what AWS systems recognize to correctly route operations to the intended region.

Could you please try updating this in your plugin’s settings and let us know if it resolves your issue?

Thank we once again and we look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Stefan

Hello Stephan,

Thank you for your response. I have changed the technical identifier to “eu-west-3” but I am still encountering the same error. Do you have any other suggestions ?

Best regards,
Adrien

Hello,

Is it possible to organize a video call with screen sharing to go over the configuration together?

Best regards,
Adrien

Hello @adrien.brunet,

Thank you for reaching out, and I apologize for the delayed response over the weekend.

Regarding your query, after reviewing the details and the error message you provided, it appears the issue stems from the endpoint you entered in your setup. This endpoint does not seem to be correct and is not necessary for the plugin to function. You can find more information on setting up the correct endpoint for each Region Name here: Amazon Simple Storage Service endpoints and quotas - AWS General Reference

Could you please try updating or removing this endpoint to see if the problem persists?

As for booking a time to discuss this further, I’m sorry, but we currently offer support only via forum, email, and Intercom; we do not have an option for video calls. Thank for your understanding.

If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stefan