Services Plugins FAQs

Bubble Page to PDF converter - Dynamic Page Breaks Based on Group Ends

Good day.

I am a subscriber to your Bubble Page to PDF converter plugin and am inquiring as to its capability for a specific application.

In the context of a book, arranged by a group/data type for chapters and another for subchapters, can I dependably insert page breaks dynamically at the end of a given group? The accuracy is paramount to reflect an accurate representation before a book is sent to a publisher. Furthermore, is it possible to predict the # of pages to be output into a dashboard view as the book is being written? All while maintaining a given page structure & margins I need to adhere to for a print vendor’s specifications?

I’m assuming any ID needed for the break has to somehow be dynamically created and assigned without manual intervention on behalf of each author as they continue to write content.

Appreciate your guidance and if this tool can meet those needs

Hello @nick1
Thanks for reaching out.

Can I dependably insert page breaks dynamically at the end of a given group?

Unfortunately, the plugin’s Pagebreaker feature works in a different way. It does not serve as a breaking point that you can place whenever you need the page to be cut. But when you assign the ID of the element into the Pagebreaker IDs field (in the plugin action), that means that this element, which ID you have indicated, will appear on the separate page of the converted PDF document. Thus, if you want some element to appear on the new page, assign an ID to it and indicate this ID in the Pagebreaker IDs field of the plugin action.

You may have a main group Page Content that has, for example, 10 pages inside. To have those 10 pages be converted within separate pages inside the resulting PDF file, you need to assign the unique ID to each of those 10 pages/groups and indicate them into the Pagebreakers ID field of the plugin action.

Furthermore, is it possible to predict the # of pages to be output into a dashboard view as the book is being written?

No, it is not possible. The plugin is not capable of this. It can only convert your page/element content to PDF and fit it into the A4 frames. For this you will have to adjust your page content to acceptable by the plugin, but not vice versa. This plugin is not able to adjust itself to the page content.

All while maintaining a given page structure & margins I need to adhere to for a print vendor’s specifications?

Unfortunately, we have not faced such a use case before thus there’s not much we can advise on this matter. The only thing I can recommend is to subscribe to the plugin for one-two day and test it out to make sure it suits your needs. Apologies for not being able to help with this question.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best, Gulce.

@Gulce

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. If I understand, are you saying a dynamic lookup of Pagebreak IDs is not possible, they must all be manually input in advance and static? The screen below is of the error when attempting to just do a dynamic input to the ID field for each item.

Always welcome! @nick1

Yes, you are right. Basically, you should assign a static ID to each page/group. And then indicate this ID in the Pagebreaker IDs field of the plugin action. Please take a look at the example below.

Summary

Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Gulce.