Services Plugins FAQs

Bubble Page to PDF converter - Help needed!

Hey, Im using the Bubble Page to PDF converter plugin for one of my apps.
I am trying to print a large document (usually between 50-100 pages).

It works flawlessly about 20% of the time, the other times, the plugin only seems to print the first page.
I tried adding a delay (up to 10 seconds) to ensure the page is loaded, but even that didnt help much.

Any advice on what to do?

Hi @axel,
Please accept our apologies for the delayed response. :pray:

I’m afraid, the loading time of a page with a large amount of content can vary based on different factors, including internet speed. So, a 10-second delay may not be sufficient in such cases.

If you are using a button to generate a PDF, you can implement a workflow where the button is initially hidden and then shown only after the entire page has finished loading.

Or, if you generate a PDF on the page load, please try to use the following condition:

Hope it helps! Please let me know if I can try to help you with anything else.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi @Gulce, thanks for your reply!

I already have it setup like the screenshot you provided; I even add a 10 second delay within that ‘entire page loaded’ event.

I dont believe thats really an internet issue, as the page seems to be fully loaded, I can see all the content if I scroll down. Whenever I print the page, it only seems to create a 1 page PDF thats cut off mid way. I have it happen automatically, but for testing purposes, I added a button to manually print the PDF and that still had the issue.

Here is a loom video demonstrating the problem: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Hi @axel,
Thank you for the detailed video. :pray:

First of all, could you please uncheck the “calculate scale from custom format” field? This field is recommended to be checked only when you are using a custom page format. Since you are using the A4 page format, please uncheck this field. It can cause different problems in the future.

The issue you are experiencing could be related to the popup that appears on page load, which may be causing the plugin to not detect the content properly. To troubleshoot this, I would suggest removing the popup temporarily and scrolling the page to ensure that all the content is visible (before converting). Additionally, you can try adding a button at the end of the page that triggers the PDF generation to see if that resolves the problem.

By removing the popup and ensuring the content is fully visible, you can determine if it is indeed causing any conflicts with the plugin. If the issue persists, would it be convenient for you to add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application (here or via DM) ? This will allow us to run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

Please also share a link for me to reproduce the issue in preview.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor: Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best,
Gulce

2 Likes

HI, thank you. I have implemented the recommended steps but the issue still persists. I have messaged my client to add you as a collaborator. I will reply here once that is done and you will be able to troubleshoot. Thank you again for the support!

EDIT: @Gulce you should now have access. Run as admin@pandaportfolios.co.uk on the index, navigate to “Customers”, filter by “Completed” and selecte Nicholas Murphy nick@pandaportfolios.co.uk with 6 jobs. From there you can hit print and you should be on that page.

1 Like

Hi @axel

Thank you for your response. However, it appears that the access granted is for a different app (panda app multi skills). Could you please double-check and verify the access for the correct application? :pray:

Looking forward to your reply.

1 Like

Hey, apologies, you are now added to the correct app “pandaportfolios”.
Thank you!

Hi @axel,

Thank you for providing access!

I’ve reviewed your app and made some changes on a test page (zq_test). After testing it, everything seems to be working fine. I created multiple PDFs to ensure that they render properly, and each time the results were satisfactory. However, it’s still better to double-check.

Also, I would like to point out that the plugin is possibly able to convert a group element on a separate page (or multiple groups). But handling the repeating group with cells, unfortunately, is a bit more complicated.

You can either brake the document into pages on each cell or let the plugin break the repeating group content into pages, oriented on the page size (which leads to chopping cells like in your example). In such cases, we suggest generating a one-page PDF by using a custom page format and specifying your group parameters accordingly (This is how I set it up on our test page).

Please test the changes I’ve made and share your feedback with me. I’m eager to know if it addresses your needs and if there’s anything else I can assist you with.

Best,
Gulce

Hey there, thanks for the reply. This does indeed make it consitent and works everytime, but it created other problems. When I try to print the document, it gets cut off at the sides and will only print 1 page as the page format is just essentially 1 long page.

Here is an example of that:

We tried to limit the width to 800 pixels which did stop it from overflowing to the right. When we tried to make it an a4 format again, the plugin stopped working properly again. Could you help us set it up to generate the PDF in a standard A4 format with multi-pages that can be printed?

Hi @axel,
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.:pray:

Within Print Settings, you should find settings for adjusting the page:

As for the page break, we can set a4 format and add page break (rg-jobs) but in this case, the plugin breaks the repeating group content into pages since it doesn’t fit the a4 page size. I’ve set it on our test page, could you please check it and let me know how it’s going?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best,
Gulce

1 Like

Hi @Gulce, thank you! Thats awesome it works properly now.
Our client wanted us to look into ensuring that images are not cut off and overflowing on another page, we were not sure how to approach this as the content length/size is fully dynamic.
We settled on printing a separate PDF for images only but there is a problem that adding page breaks seems to cause the text to not appear? Not sure how to describe it otherwise, so I made a loom for you.

Thank you, we really appreciate your help on this!

Hi @axel,
Apologies for the delay in responding over the weekend.

I’ve checked your app and identified the issue related to the group IDs specified in the ID and Page Break ID fields. I made the necessary modifications by changing the groups you are using in the plugin action. As a result, the plugin can now properly detect the group logo, and it appears to be functioning correctly.

Please verify the changes and let me know if everything is working as expected now. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out. Thank you!

Summary

Best regards,
Gulce

1 Like

Amazing thank you, it does work as intended now!
I think thats the final issue we had.
Thank you again for the fantastic support.

EDIT: Actually the page breaks are not working. It seems that you have put it on the main repeating group which is not correct (as each job inside the RG can span multiple pages)

We want to have a page per 9 images within a job (that can have hundrends of images)

Here is how it currently looks like after your fixes:

Here is how it looks with correct breaks (but missing titles)

We would like to have the fix here: (BREAK HERE)

That works fine, but the problem is still the title disappearing. Is there anyway we can have both?

EDIT: I have simply put the text on the lowest repeating group and made it only show conditionally above the first image. Not great but it was a quick hack we could implement. Please do not edit the page as we will have this as our final solution.

If you know how to fix it, please share your solution but for now we will keep it as is.
Thank you!

Hi @axel,

I am sorry about that. Since it was created as a test page, we thought you only used it for testing purposes. :pray:

It appears that the current solution is the most feasible option as the plugin is unable to detect the title due to the specific group settings in your case. However, if you would like us to further explore potential alternatives, you can create a new test page (a copy of zq_test) and grant us edit rights. Thank you!

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi @Gulce, after some more testing with our client, it seems the plugin stopped being reliable again. We once again have the issue where it prints only the first page. It seems that the ‘breaks’ are not being respected.

We have invited you to our app. Please have a look at the zq_test page. We are generating 2 separate pdfs, one for the texts and one for the images. Thank you.

Hi @axel,

Our developer team has been promptly notified about the issue, and we are actively working on finding a solution. We will keep you updated on any progress and provide you with the necessary information as soon as we have it. Thank you for your understanding and patience. :pray:

Have a good weekend ahead!

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi @axel,

Thank you for your patience! We checked your app, created a test page (zq_test2), and resolved the issue you encountered. It was related to incorrect IDs. We made the necessary modifications and set parameters in the Repeating Group so that all elements are now loaded correctly at once.

Please take a look at the test page and let us know if everything is working as expected now. If you need any further assistance or encounter any other issues, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,
Gulce