Services Plugins FAQs

Bubble Page to PDF Converter - Page break separating repeating groups across pages

Hello,

I am trying to use the PDF Converter plugin for Bubble to create clean-looking estimates/invoices for my web app. I am having trouble getting the formatting to look nice because the PDF sometimes comes out with line items being split across pages.

For example: My app’s data structure goes as follows:
Estimate/Invoice contains multiple item sections which then contain multiple line items.
Line items within the same section are displayed on two different pages.

I would like to have all line items of the same section display on the same page. I have tried using the page break by ID feature to split each section but then it creates too many pages as each section gets its own page. If anyone knows of a way to put a page break only for the section that has spread across two pages that would be great.

Hi @tlockwood,
Thanks for reaching out!

No, unfortunately, this use case can’t be accomplished with the plugin.

One option is to break the document into pages, either by dividing the content into separate cells or by allowing the plugin to automatically break the repeating group content based on page size. This may result in some cells being cut off, similar to the example you provided.

Alternatively, you can use multiple fixed repeating groups and specify their IDs in the “page break if” field. This will ensure that each repeating group appears on a different page.

Another possibility is to experiment with the header/footer values of the generated PDF action. By adjusting these values, you may be able to manipulate the plugin to “push” the cell content to another page, preventing it from being cut off at undesired places. However, please note that this workaround may not be 100% effective.

Sorry for not being able to help with this. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Gulce