Services Plugins FAQs

Bubble Page to PDF converter Plugin - Questions

Hi. I have paid and setup the Bubble Page to PDF converter Plugin which is working kinda as expected, but I have a couple of questions/issues that I’d like to clarify before I waste time investigating.

Note: In all questions below I am using the Generate pdf from html server side ConvertertoPDFv2.0 workflow action.

1. Column Gaps as specified in the new Bubble responsive engine seem to be ignored. Is this expected behaviour?

i.e. I have a row with 4 elements that has a column gap of 20px set. The pdf is generated with no gaps between the elements. If I remove the column gap setting and give each element a specific margin it renders correctly in the pdf, but obviously this is less ideal than using the column gap setting.

1. Dynamically bound dropdown fields with dynamic choices from an option set seem to be ignored. Is this expected behaviour?

i.e. I have a group with a Data Source of “Current User”, which contains a dropdown that is dynamically bound to “Current Users Gender” field, with dynamic choices coming from a “Gender” option set. In the pdf it renders the first option from the option set regardless of what has been saved to the User.

1. Is there an example of the Pagebreak IDs is action somewhere? I couldn’t see an example on your demo page.

i.e. I have tried various setups of a column element is the main ID to be included, with 5 sub-group rows to be printed on a new page each, but generally no matter how I set it up it just puts a blank page before and after the main element. I think I have followed the documentation properly but an example to follow would be useful.

Hello @liam2 ,
Thanks for reaching out!

I’ve tested the mentioned scenario with a basic setup and the plugin works fine with gap settings. But, the cases may differ and depend on the setup. Therefore, can you please share the screenshots of your plugin and gap settings (and all related elements for this case) so that we can investigate this and try to replicate your use case.

For us to better understand your question, can you please explain the expected result in more detail? Specifically screenshots/video recordings.

As for the page breaker functionality, this feature is not stable on the new responsive engine and we are currently investigating it with the developer team. It would be great if you can send us any valuable information, which might help to reproduce your issue on our side. :slightly_smiling_face:

Looking forward to your reply. :pray:t2:

Best,
Gulce

Thanks for your reply.

1. Column Gaps as specified in the new Bubble responsive engine seem to be ignored. Is this expected behaviour?

Here is a screenshot of the bubble editor showing the row (row0 - Profile), with a series of groups (input fields and labels) separated by the column gap:

Here is how it renders on the page with the correct gaps:

Here is how it looks in the PDF that gets generated (no gaps):

Thanks for your reply.

1. Dynamically bound dropdown fields with dynamic choices from an option set seem to be ignored. Is this expected behaviour?

Here is a screenshot of the first dropdown field called Head Office Location in the Business Profile section (note the Parent Group has a data source set of the current “Business”)

Here is a screenshot of the page showing the business as “Bay of Plenty” set as it’s location

Here is a screenshot of the PDF incorrectly showing the “Northland” in the location field:

Here is a screenshot showing the dropdown list of options where “Northland” is the 1st option in the list, which is being shown in the PDF, even though “Bay of Plenty” is saved in the DB. If you look at the screenshots you will see all the dropdown fields are showing the wrong value in the PDF, which is always the 1st option in the list regardless of what has been saved and displays on the page.

Hi @liam2,
Thank you for the details.

Indeed, this is strange behavior. I’ve tested both scenarios and everything works well on our side. Would it be convenient for you to share access to your app so I can take a look?

For this please add our support@zeroqode.com email as a collaborator of your app (disregard the warning, our email can be added to the collaborator list even if your app is on the Free plan).

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Gulce

Hi Gulce

I have added your user to our app as requested. The PDF converter workflow happens in the reusable element called: “navigation strategy”, which gets loaded as the default view in the “Strategy” page. I have removed the auto-binding dropdowns from this reusable because we have changed the functional requirements, however you can still see how the column gaps are being consistently ignored.

Hi @liam2,

Thank you for providing access. But, unfortunately, we only have access to “read-only” mode. To be able to investigate the root cause of the issue you have, we need to test the plugin in your environment. For this, we need edit rights - if we need to add/remove some action to verify some functionalities. No worries - we will create a savepoint to return your app to the same state it was before our intervention).

Besides, if you share details about where you use the Page Breaker function. We would also like to check this issue you are having.

Thanks again!

Permissions updated as requested

Hi @liam2,
Thanks for your cooperation. :pray:t2:

Please let me check your application with the developer team. We will need some time to investigate the issue you are having. As soon as the investigation is done, I’ll get back to you.

Best,
Gulce

Hi @Gulce

Any updates on this? I can see a Zeroqode test element was created but I have not heard anything from you guys for a while now?

Hi @liam2,

Unfortunately, not, it is not solved yet. Due to the holiday season and so many requests, our development team has a pretty busy schedule. Still, please be sure I’ll keep you updated.

Thank you so much for your patience. :pray:t2:

Best,
Gulce

Hi @liam2,
Thank you so much for your patience.

I’ve just got feedback from our developer team and unfortunately, the plugin is not compatible to work with gap spacing. It works with a basic setup, but it’s not stable for every use case. In this case, it seems like the only solution is to use padding-right for each element, I’m afraid.

Hope for your understanding on this matter and I’m really sorry for the inconvenience. :pray:t2:

Best,
Gulce