Services Plugins FAQs

Bubble Page to PDF converter problem on responsive element

Hi! This plugin seems to be great except that it takes the min-width setting on a responsive element:

is there a way to solve this, so it takes the width of the a4 page?

Here’s the current settings:

Hello @fellipedepaula
Thanks for reaching out!

The plugin is designed to convert to PDF the content of the page it “sees” on the page load. If the page viewport appears a mobile size - the resulting PDF file will contain a document with small pages, mobile-sized, just as it was previewed on the device before the conversion.

As a workaround, we can suggest you create a non-responsive page with a convenient design and formatting which will satisfy your needs as a resulting PDF file after the conversion.

This means you can create a separate page with the content you want to convert to PDF having the same formatting and sizing and open and convert it, instead of a responsive page that’ll adapt for the device viewport and change the PDF file layout after conversion.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
Gulce

The term you used, ‘designed,’ is quite amusing because I fail to comprehend any rationale for its preference over a predetermined width, such as filling the page width. It appears more likely that there was no alternative to this approach. However, if there exists an alternative solution, I strongly advise you to contemplate it, as it seems evident that this particular feature lacks usefulness.

Hi @fellipedepaula,
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

The term “designed” was used to describe the functionality of the underlying library that the plugin utilizes, which essentially captures screenshots of the page. Unfortunately, this means that the resulting PDF file may reflect the size of the page viewport, resulting in smaller pages on mobile and larger pages on desktop.

That’s why, we recommend creating a non-responsive page with a convenient design and formatting. This way, even if you convert the page on mobile, it will appear consistent with the desktop view.

If you’re experiencing this issue on the desktop and if I misunderstood your earlier message, could you please try changing the “unit” field to “in” or “px”? Additionally, please ensure that the “calculate from custom format” field is unchecked if it’s enabled.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Gulce