Services Plugins FAQs

Bubble page to pdf converter - TypeError

Hi,

I’m on version 1.131.0.

I am attempting to convert to PDF a single element.

this works most of the time, but not always.

when it fails I receive the following error:

The plugin Bubble Page to PDF converter / action Generate PDF a Converter to PDF threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘replaceAll’)
at eval (PLUGIN_1526888373861x305666508856229900/Bubble-Page-to-PDF-converter-element_action–Converter-to-PDF-Generate–PDF–.js:3:8246)
at https(I_CANT_INCLUDE_LINKS_IN_MY_POST)://d3dqmih97rcqmh.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/b6d178fd53fbbc98c96fd64a7671575aff5eaab751ca40c4e020fa8a1ead0900/xfalse/x28/run_debug.js:587:651 (please report this to the plugin author)

It consistently works when the field “Matricola” of type “ProduzioneProdotti” is not empty, and it consistently fails when that field is empty.

the issue is: that field does not appear anywhere in the PDF that is generated.

other fields for the same THING can be empty, no issues there.

here’s my setup:

the POPUP has type ProduzioneProdotti, but the group I’m trying to convert does not.

any ideas?

Hello @mirco ,
Thank you for reaching out and for your purchase. :slightly_smiling_face:

After checking your error code, we wanted to ask if you could please confirm that you have filled the Output File Name field from the Generate PDF action, as this misconfiguration often causes this error.

I hope you have found this information helpful, let me know if you have any other questions.
Have a nice day! :sunny:

thank you, solved: the outputfilename was set to the field Matricola, which sometimes was empty.

I recommend catching this error and setting the filename to some default, if empty.

Hello @mirco ,
I hope you are doing well.

Thank you, solved: the outputfilename was set to the field Matricola, which sometimes was empty.

I’m glad to hear that our solution helped.

I recommend catching this error and setting the filename to some default, if empty.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will make sure to pass this on to our dev team, and if this idea is compatible with our library, I will make sure to inform you.

If everything is functioning well, we would appreciate it if you could leave a plugin rate, by going to the Plugins tab in the Bubble editor and giving it as many stars as it deserves

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.
Have a nice day! :sunny: