Services Plugins FAQs

Bubble Page to PDF - Sudden formatting errors

Hello,

We’ve been using the Bubble Page to PDF plugin for a while and it has suddenly “stopped working”. The symptom we have is that the document was being created perfectly on the 27th June, but on the 28th June the format/contents of the document being generated have changed radically which much data missing.

There have been no code or config changes to the app, and the input data is the same so it’s hard to understand what’s going on?

Here’s a couple of examples of the PDF generated - the difference between them is fairly obvious I think!

Is there anything I shoal die looking for to get it working again? As I said before, there’s been no changes on my side so I’m struggling to work out what’s the best way to fix?

Actually, we’re seeing further problems elsewhere in our app as well.

It looks like formatting isn’t being respected by the PDF generator plugin suddenly. Again, we haven’t upgraded the plugin or changed our app at all… has something changed in Bubble or elsewhere maybe that has affected how the plugin works?

Before - with formatting being respected:

Before - w: Good Format

Today - formatting has vanished:

After - w: Bad Format

This is only affecting the PDF, what’s being seen on the screen is unchanged.

Going even further, it seems that if I make any text our off-white (F7F7F7) it comes out in the PDF as Blue (our brand Blue, I think) and anything that isn’t “white” simply doesn’t appear in the PDF. If I change text that is blue in the editor to white and then generate in the app it then comes out Blue. Which makes even less sense as there’s nothing in the app which can change the text’s colour…

Hi @michael4,
Thanks for reaching out!

Can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application (here or via DM)? Please also mention on which page and which scenario should be tested. This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.

Best regards,
Gulce

Thanks - I’ve added you and will send links and how to test via DM.

Thank you! @michael4 Firstly, could you please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (1.87.0) and give it a try?

I thought you might say that, I have done so in the test version and it didn’t help.

Although we saw the problem in live, where we haven’t made any changes, we can recreate in test as well which is handy.

@michael4 We need edit rights to investigate and fix the root cause of this issue. Therefore, if you could provide edit rights it would be great. (we will create a separate test page to perform plugin tests on it, and copy the page where you have faced the mentioned issue.) :pray:

Also, unfortunately, I did not receive any message on how to reproduce the problem.

Just sent you details - I’m not the fastest typer!

I will update the access right now.

1 Like

Thanks! I will check and get back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hello!

Just a quick update for everyone who might encounter the same issue: We have recently released an update for the plugin that addresses the problem with color variables. We have fixed the issue, and now the plugin is working smoothly with color variables. If you were experiencing any difficulties with color variables before, please make sure to update the plugin to the latest version to benefit from the fix. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Gulce