Services Plugins FAQs

Bubble to Google Sheets

Hi Zeroqode team, i bought a google sheets service plugin, im making a booking system and i want to put my database into google sheets, i have already the setup into the plugin tab, but i dont know how to do this, i want to put, update, and delete rows into the google sheets when my database of bubble change.
here you have a screenshot of my google sheets and this is my link of my app.

i want to put a row when my Repeating Group is update (the users send the information from integromat)
and edit or delete when upload the database of bubble

https://app.happysurprise.love/version-test/reservas/1559437868481x536740931108262900?debug_mode=true

Any instructions? thank you

Hello! Thanks for reaching out!
Could you tell me please, did you get the API credentials for Google Sheets at https://console.developers.google.com/ ? If you did, what type of authentication did you choose?
Kind regards,
Olga

In addition to what Olga wrote, did you check this demo page where you can see how to use the plugin?

1 Like

Hello @yorgio1024

To add to my colleagues. I see some misunderstanding with plugin usage.
The Google Sheets Service Plugin is used for a different type of scenario. I see you are trying to use the spreadsheet from your drive which will you’ll need to use the OAuth2 Version of plugin.
Please see the plugin - https://zeroqode.com/plugin/google-sheets-with-charts-1528977845854x414570079953879000
And check the demo - https://zeroqode-demo-15.bubbleapps.io/google_sheets_with_charts

Regards,
Dumitru,

1 Like

Does anyone get this error message: Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

@levon I notice the error message still says “Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app. This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.”

Thus, I can’t see the live demo. I bought this plugin 2 weeks ago and have not been able to use it because I can’t see the demo…any update on when you will get the new API credentials to Google or whatever you need so I can see the demo? Can you just put the video up on YouTube?

Hello @le.john.v

Thanks for reaching out!
And sorry for late response and misunderstanding. :pray:

The application being unverified it’s prevention measure by Google, it’s not related to API credentials .
The demo setup for plugin can be seen by clicking see in bubble editor:

Please see the demo setup for respective plugin, try replicate the actions and events presented there.
If something does not work, please share with us more details on the issue.
Like screenshots of error, steps to reproduce the issue, workflow , console.logs from browser, browser version etc.
So we could help better.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Dumitru.

Thanks for the response @Dumitru .

The reason I wanted to watch a video is because I am 0% a coder. I am not sure what I’m supposed to do, but bought the plugin for $35.

1. This is what I see on Bubble:

I am not sure if I have the APP ID/API Key correct nor the secret. I don’t know where I’m supposed to get those.

1. This is the sheet I want to populate from Google

2. This is what I entered in zeroqode, but I feel like I am not doing it right. Also when I click step 1 “authorize”, I get the following message.

1. When I click “see the app in bubble editor” I get taken to bubble, but am I supposed to enter the info like my Google Sheet ID etc in preview mode? I’m also not sure what to do here.

So I feel pretty lost… I’ve scoured the internet for videos or anything, but none of it makes any sense to me.

Asking for any help and guidance.

Hello @le.john.v

The setup of API and plugin is actually no coding required process.
For that, you will need to do so through the Google Cloud Console.

1. Over there create a new Google app and enable the Sheets API for that App.
  2. After that you can create an API key for the Google App created above.
    Here you could read more on how to get API key: Authorize Requests  |  Sheets API  |  Google Developers

Once you’ve got you’re API key from Google Console, place the keys in both Development (sandbox) and Live (production) fields in settings of the plugin as shown here:

The plugin comes with different actions and data calls which can be used in the workflow:

The connection of API should be established in some minutes, if not may be wait for a couple more.

Now you could design the page how you wish in Design Tab. We provided an example of a simple setup and view (contains a couple of inputs, buttons, repeating group and some text):
Try replicating for starters:

The 2nd part is the workflow process, where you set event and actions related to plugin.
We have visual buttons with plugin actions in place for them.

Here’s a delete button and action, which will delete spreadsheet using the respective values.
Try replicating it.

Also I would recommend you, get experience working with Bubble framework which is required - Academy | Bubble
And follow our plugin documentation - https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/google-sheets-+-offline-plugin

Thanks for understanding :pray:

Regards,
Dumitru.

Hello I am also trying to link my app to the Google Sheets + Offline Plugin.

However I dont understand how I can authorize Bubble to have access to my Google Sheets. What is the link for that?

In addition, I get now the error: invalid_client

The OAuth client was not found.

Could you help me?

Best,
Jos

Helo Jos @jiskaklein

In order to link the authorization process you should create your API application in the Google Cloud Dashboard.
Add the authorization URI which will for redirect like this.

On the Bubble side in the application, add an action which will let you authorize it via OAuth 2.0 process.

As for error please be sure that you’ve got the correct credentials APP ID and APP Secret inside the Plugin Settings Tab, both these keys can be found in the Google Cloud Dashboard. :

Please check this out!
Thanks for understanding. :pray:

Regards,
Dumitru.

Great Dumitru, thank you so much for the clear explanations!
It is working now, no errors anymore!

1 Like

Hi all, hi @Dumitru

I am making progress with the app, but I have one big challenge to overcome. Hope you or others would be able to help with this.

I connected some of fields of the app with Google Sheets.
There are two types:

1. Input coming from Google Sheets or Google Maps (view)
  2. Input send to Google Sheets (Append)

Currently for type 1) I receive an error showing that the request is missing required authentication credentials, see below.

I have installed the API Connector and followed the guidance here to set up the API connection.

But even with the Oauth Flow Agent and API Connector installed, do I still need to provide authentication credentials everytime we want to show data or append data from Google Sheet?

Is there also another way without authentication credentials every time we access the website?
Many thanks in advance!
Joss