Services Plugins FAQs

Bug by pasting text using Command-V

Such a problem in Advanced Rich Text Editor: I open the popup where the input field is located and, using a combination of Command-V, I can’t paste the copied text, then I paste it with the mouse, close the popup, open it again and it’s already possible to paste the text using Command-V.

Could you help me please?

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,
Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, the issue you have reported is not reproducing on our side. Can you please provide a bit more details, specifically video recordings of the issue and your setup? It will help us to understand what might be the issue and provide a solution. :pray:

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hello Gulce,

Here is the link of my setup, if it will be helpful:
https://www.loom.com/share/d13af173d53747da9a257a4ab9cd9020?sid=a60d10ee-2a40-43be-8c05-247caa7517f0

Video recording of the issue: https://www.loom.com/share/6d232cbfc46148e0b0f2d387e3eaa237?sid=cea0348f-4980-452d-93d6-41aaf72e6bd1

Best regards,
Bulat

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,
Thanks for the details.

Can you please make sure you are using the latest plugin version? If the issue persists, could you add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? Please also mention on which page should be tested.

This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best,
Gulce

Hello Gulce,

Regarding the latest version, I’ve already checked and it is indeed the latest.

Additionally, I am using another plugin for setting up mentions, as per the client’s request to add links to user profiles when their tags are clicked on. This plugin functions correctly in another input where your plugin is not in use, and there is no problem with copy-pasting using the Command-V key combination. However, it’s plausible that when this plugin is used in conjunction with yours, it could potentially cause the aforementioned bug. This hypothesis is based on the observation that both plugins appear to function correctly when used independently of each other. I would greatly appreciate your insights on this issue, as well as any possible solutions you might suggest to address it.

I’ve added your email and will send you the link to the application via a private message.

Best regards,
Bulat

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,

Thank you for granting us access to your app.

However, I must mention that we cannot guarantee the seamless compatibility of our plugin with third-party plugins. Several factors come into play, including library compatibility and other reasons that might affect the integration.

We have thoroughly examined your app to explore potential workarounds, but unfortunately, we couldn’t find any immediate solutions. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. :pray:

If there’s anything else we can do to assist you or if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Hope for your understanding.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hello Gulce,

Got it, thanks for your efforts! Is it possible somehow in your plugin to add the ability to add dynamic links while tagging users? I’m asking because it was the reason why we used another plugin for setting up mentions.

Best regards,
Bulat

Hello @bulat.akhmadeev,
Apologies for the late reply. :pray:

In order to better understand your goal and discuss it with our developer team, could you please share an example or provide more details showing the desired result? This will allow us to assess the feasibility of implementing the feature you are looking for.

Thank you! Looking forward to your reply.

Best,
Gulce

Hello, Gulce!

For sure! This is the video, how I want it to behave: https://www.loom.com/share/7024d1e029b94a009e48dc4cdea74684?sid=2483678a-f7e9-4f69-9e36-b9322827a72c

Here is what the HTML code could look like: <p><span class="mention" data-index="0" data-denotation-char="@" data-id="463457645676548675798" data-value="Leonardo DiCaprio" style="cursor: pointer;" tabindex=""><span contenteditable="false" tabindex=""><span class="ql-mention-denotation-char" tabindex="">@</span><a href="https://app.example.com/version-test/profile/463457645676548675798">Leonardo DiCaprio</a></span></span> hello</p>

In your plugin, when I use the ‘mention’ setting, it already saves a unique ID. I suggest that you add the capability to include one dynamic link in the property editor of the plugin input where the ‘mention’ settings are located. This would allow the link for each tag to consist of this dynamic link followed by the user’s unique ID. So the html code for adding a link to the tag could look like: <a href="https://app.example.com/version-test/profile/user's unique ID">user's First Last</a>

Please let me know, if you need anything else!

Best regards,
Bulat

Hello @bulat.akhmadeev,

Thanks for the video recording. Let us please check it with our developer to see if it’s possible to implement. I will keep you informed on any progress. :pray:

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,

We’ve updated the plugin and added the “Mention’s redirect” field where you can include a dynamic link. Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and give it a try. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a good weekend ahead!

Best regards,
Gulce

Thanks a lot!!! It works now! There is another small issue related mentions, could something be done with it?

Here is the screenshot:

Best regards,
Bulat

And I would really like to use your plugin for comments. Is there any way to remove empty line (if there are no features chosen, the line stays) and frames in the design so that it would look better and wouldn’t take so many space?

Here how it looks now:

It isn’t big problem by editing, but I would like to use it by adding comments (you can see the place for it on the screenshot below the popup).

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,
Thank you for your message.

I’ve informed our developer team about it. I will let you know as soon as I have any updates. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can use the ZQ Lite RTE element for comments. That would work for you?

Best regards,
Gulce

Hello Gulce!

Thank you!

There are several aspects we would like to work differently in ZQ Lite RTE element:

1. Make the list to be above or below based on where on my screen I am viewing it (screenshot how it’s now):

2. Make the bolded text to show which letters are matching (screenshot how it’s now):

3. Show more than 4 options (screenshot 1 to see current state)

4. Add a possibility to change font size and thickness (400, 500, 600 etc.) in the property editor.

Please let me know what you can do about the points mentioned above. I would really appreciate it if you could make improvements in these areas!

Best regards,
Bulat

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,
Sorry for the delayed response. :pray:

Please allow me to discuss your requests with our team and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,

Could you please clarify if these 2 features are linked?

You need to select font size and thickness for the matched text? Or for the entire “mentions list”?

Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hello Gulce,

No, they are not related. Regarding the second feature I meant all the text in the input field (ZQ Lite RTE element ), not in the mentions list. Now I can only choose font, but nothing else.

Thank you very much for your work on this!

Best regards,
Bulat

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,

Thanks for the clarification! Let us check it with the developer team, I will keep you updated on the progress. :pray:

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,

Thank you for your patience. I would like to inform you that we’ve made a new update to the plugin, and it includes the following improvements:

1. Above & below list features based on screen viewing
  2. Font size and thickness customization from the toolbar
  3. Added “Mentions list scrollbar” field: With this new addition, you can now choose to display up to 4 mentions or utilize the scrollbar for scrolling through the mentions list.

Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and give it a try.

As for adding the bolded text to show which letters are matching, unfortunately, it’s not possible at the moment. We will your request to our plugin backlog improvements list. I must inform you that this particular feature request is currently of low priority. Therefore, we are unable to give you an approximate time estimate for its implementation. :pray:

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Gulce