Services Plugins FAQs

Bunny.net Cloud Storage Plugin for Bubble Inquiry

Hi!

I’m currently building a social network Bubble app that is focused on letting our users record and upload up to 15 seconds of video to our Bubble app.

I’m planning to use Bunny.net Stream to store and stream the said videos on our platform.

Is your “Bunny.net Cloud Storage Plugin for Bubble” the right plugin for me to achieve this?

Thank you!

Hi @alcardenasph,

Thank you for reaching out with your query. :blush:

Based on the details you’ve provided, it sounds like you’re on the right track. Our Bunny,net Cloud Storage Plugin for Bubble offers an efficient and user-friendly way to integrate Bunny,net’s high-performance cloud storage solutions into your existing workflows. It’s designed for simplicity and speed, enabling you to easily upload, delete, and download files, as well as manage your storage directly within Bubble. This integration streamlines the process of handling files on the Bunny,net platform, offering a hassle-free experience that’s perfect for your video upload feature.

Regarding the streaming of videos saved on Bunny.net, you’re correct that you would need a video player for that part. While our Bunny Cloud Storage Plugin works for managing the storage aspect, for the playback of your uploaded videos, you can explore one of our video player plugins and choose the one that will suit your needs the best.

In case you’re still uncertain about the plugins, you have the possibility to subscribe and test it out. And you’ll incur charges only for the days you use it, for a one-day plugin subscription, your charge would be the plugin’s fee divided by 31.

Therefore, if the plugin doesn’t suit your needs after a few days, you can simply uninstall it without incurring a significant cost.

If you have any other questions, please, let us know. :pray:

Wish you a great week ahead!
Stephan

Do you have a video player plugin that can do 100% height vertically? I’m building a Reels-focused social app on Bubble and this is what I’m looking for.

Hello @alcardenasph,

Thank you for reaching out with your question.

I’m pleased to inform you that the majority of our video players are designed to be fully responsive. This means they will automatically adjust to the dimensions you specify within the editor, ensuring a seamless viewing experience.

Feel free to explore the range of video players we offer and select the one that best suits your requirements.

If you have any additional questions or require further clarification, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

I’m already using the Bunny.net and I noticed that sometimes, it is just not uploading my files, but also not reporting any error.

That being said, my app does nothing since it is not reporting an error (I set it up in a way that if the upload fails and reports an error, the plugin will simply re-upload the file again) but it is not executing this because no errors where being reported.

Please advise.

Hi, because this is a recent thread and I have a similar use case, I’ll jump in here.
I basically need the same thing: a plugin to help me let users (‘learner’, logged in) upload a video and for the video to then be available to one specific other user (‘teacher’, logged in) and to the uploader themself. The videos can only be accessible to those two users – it has to be secure and private.
I started working with the Wasabi plugin, and maybe it’ll work with presigned URLs, but should I use the Bunny plugin with a Wasabi account? Ideally, each of my app’s users would have a Wasabi folder and only that learner user and that learner’s teacher user would ever be able to see files in that folder.
What should I do? Happy to pay for some consulting, if that’s going to work out better.

cheers

Just to clarify: I have no need for the videos to ever be really public. All access will be from within my app.

It looks to me like I don’t need Wasabi at all, since Bunny’s storage is just as cheap? But I can’t tell if Bunny’s storage is by definition always public, or if it can be only accessibly through the app?

Hello @alcardenasph,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please provide additional details about your issue?

• You mentioned that it happens sometimes, suggesting that it works correctly at times, can you please confirm that?
  • Have you checked your Bunny.net account if it was retrieving the files?
  • Kindly double-check your keys and configurations to ensure accuracy and correct implementation, try setting everything up again using documentation.
  • Also, consider examining your internet connection, as temporary network issues may impact file uploads.

For a clearer understanding, could you record a step-by-step video from the moment you open the app, through the file upload process to Bunny.net, and finally checking the file in the Storage Zone?

This information will greatly assist us in replicating your setup and addressing the issue more effectively.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Stephan

Hello @fred.cutler,

Thank you for reaching out with your questions.

Given your requirements for securely uploading videos to be accessed exclusively by designated ‘learner’ and ‘teacher’ users, both the Bunny.net and Wasabi plugins could potentially meet your needs. However, choosing the right plugin depends on several factors, including the specific features and security measures each offers, as well as how you plan to integrate them into your app.

1. Wasabi Plugin: Utilizing pre-signed URLs with Wasabi is indeed a secure way to ensure that uploaded videos are only accessible to specific users. This method generates a unique URL for accessing a file, which expires after a set time, enhancing security. If your app’s architecture supports creating and managing folders for each user, this could be a viable solution.

2. Bunny,net Plugin: Bunny,net also offers robust features for content delivery and storage, including security measures that can be tailored to restrict access. However, integrating Bunny,net with Wasabi specifically for folder-level access control might not be as straightforward without custom development.

The choice of how to design and develop your app ultimately rests with you, offering the freedom to explore various approaches. Also to mention, in case you’re still uncertain about the plugin, you have the possibility to subscribe and test it out. And you’ll incur charges only for the days you use it, for a one-day plugin subscription, your charge would be the plugin’s fee divided by 31.

Therefore, if the plugin doesn’t suit your needs after a few days, you can simply uninstall it without incurring a significant cost.

If you have any other questions, please, let us know.

Wish you a great week ahead!
Stephan

Thanks Stephan,
This is definitely helpful, but I’m still uncertain about whether I need to get Wasabi to allow me to make buckets public. Do I need public buckets to be able to use signed links? And if I do, can anyone see the contents of those buckets?

Hello @fred.cutler ,

Thank you for your question.

I wanted to inform you that Wasabi has updated its default security settings. As a result, it’s no longer possible to create public buckets—only private ones. However, you might find the option of using pre-signed URLs useful. This feature enables you to share a private link with others for a determined period. For more detailed information, I recommend reading this article.

You don’t need a bucket to be public to use signed links, as they are specifically designed for private buckets. By creating a signed link, you can share your content with anyone. Our demo page provides a practical example of how this can be used.

Nonetheless, we encourage you to explore various options and choose the solution that best meets your needs the best.

I hope you find this information beneficial. :pray:

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead.

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like