Services Plugins FAQs

Calendar From Google Refresh Token

How in the world do I get the Refresh Token without using the Google’s Dev Playground? I don’t see any documentation explaining how to do that with this plugin.

I need my clients to be able to connect their own Google Calendars to my bubble app. I have everything else working (miraculously). But don’t users need their own refresh token to exchange for a new permanent access token?

Hi @justlivinanotherday, thanks for reaching out.

I’m afraid that without Google Playground that wouldn’t be possible.
Please use for guidance the following supporting documentation (it relates to a paid version of a plugin, but initial information is the same): https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/google-calendar-+-offline-plugin#setting-up

All plugin setup is performed only by the app owner, and users only need to “Sign in with Google”.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.
Regards,

Hi @Serg Thanks for getting back to me

I should have clarified. I’m actually using the Calendar From Google + Offline plugin (the paid version). Thanks for the info. It looks like Google’s API documentation says a refresh token is accompanied by an access token upon authorization. Using OAuth 2.0 to Access Google APIs  |  Google Identity.

If that’s the case, why doesn’t the plugin just allow to us to obtain our own refresh tokens through an API call? Is it just more efficient to use the Dev Playground to obtain a refresh token since we only need one for all of our users? Am I getting that right?

@Serg Also, I get access denied on any gmail account that isn’t added to the app when asked to sign in with a google account. It just tosses me an error. So do I have to submit my app to Google for verification in order for this to work?

It looks like Google wants me to submit a full review just to be able to use my app? Is this necessary?

Google Verification

Hi @justlivinanotherday, thanks for the provided details.

For your guidance, please also use the Demo editor page: zeroqode-demo-11 | Bubble Editor
including the example of access/refresh tokens (step 2 & 3):

Please check if you’ve indicated right all “Redirect URLs” (all pages where the plugin is used)
Point 4 of the setting up flow: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/google-calendar-+-offline-plugin#setting-up

Hope it helps. Please let me know if any other support is required on our plugin.
Regards,

@Serg I did all of that already and it works fine. What I’m asking now is do I have to submit my app/project to Google to be able to have other users use this plugin? Because right now, all I can do is use email accounts that are added to the app for testing purposes. If I use any other email, it throws an error message saying they aren’t authorized to use it because it hasn’t been verified by Google. And Google is giving me that popup message because they want me to submit my app for verification. Is this necessary or not? If not, I want to know how to make it so that I don’t have to go through that process. And the documentation doesn’t explain any of that.

Hi @justlivinanotherday, thanks for the reply.

Allow us to check this moment internally, in case any new conditions/restrictions from Google appeared. Once any news will be available, I will let you know asap.

Thank you for understanding.
Regards,

@Serg Alright, thank you.

Hi @justlivinanotherday, thanks for your patience.

Within the created project on Google, please be sure to indicate the right information on the following steps:

and check if the “Publish app” is pressed.

Note: when the email is required for filling, please be sure to indicate the same verified in the Google Dasboard email.

Please let me know if the provided info helped you to get rid of the verification popup.
Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,