Services Plugins FAQs

Camera Capture and Video Recorder Plugin for Bubble - Mobile Camera Permission

Hi!

I subscribed to your " Camera Capture and Video Recorder Plugin for Bubble" plugin and I also use the BDK native app builder.

Now, my Bubble web app is technically an iOS and Android mobile app.

The said native Bubble app already has permission to the camera and microphone. And yet, every time I have to close the app and reopen it, the plugin is asking for camera and microphone permission again even though the actual native Bubble app already has permission for camera and microphone.

How can I prevent the said plugin to keep on asking for permission?

Thanks!

Hello @alcardenasph,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

To answer your question, we recommend checking with the BDK team. Our plugins are specifically designed to work smoothly within Bubble web apps. However, we cannot guarantee their functionality when the Bubble application is converted using a third-party wrapper service. Each wrapping service has its own unique characteristics and libraries, so it’s crucial to verify your inquiry with the BDK team.

Hope for your understanding, looking forward to your thoughts on this matter. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hi,

As expected, the BDK developer will point back to you guys. Anyways, it is fine. Will try a workaround myself.

Appreciate the response!

Hello @alcardenasph,

Thanks for your message.

I apologize for my previous answer. After conducting further tests, I have noticed that the plugin is indeed requesting permissions even after granting them through the browser. I have initiated an investigation for our development team to look into this matter and provide a clear understanding of this inquiry.

Rest assured, I will get back to you as soon as there are any updates available.

Thanks for your understanding and patience. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hello @alcardenasph,

I hope this message finds you well. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m excited to share that we’ve released Camera Capture plugin version 1.23.0, which addresses the camera and microphone permissions issue alongside other minor improvements to boost the plugin’s functionality.

Could you please spare a moment to update the plugin in your app and evaluate its performance? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any other questions or need some further assistance, please let us now.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Looking forward to your reply. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hello @alcardenasph,

I hope you’re doing well. :blush:

I’m reaching out to follow up on my previous message regarding the release of Camera Capture plugin version 1.23.0. This update was designed to address the camera and microphone permissions issue you were experiencing, along with other minor improvements aimed at enhancing the plugin’s functionality.

I was wondering if you had a chance to see my last message and update the plugin in your app? Your feedback is very important to us, as it helps in ensuring that the updates are effectively resolving the issues our users face and enhancing their experience with our products.

Please let us know how the new update is working for you. If you have any other questions or need further assistance. We’re here to help!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a wonderful day ahead! :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan