Services Plugins FAQs

Camera not recognized with plugin

The camera has stopped working for me recently. Here’s a video showing the camera not being recognized in the inspect element:

Here’s another video showing what I’m seeing:

Here’s a video showing my workflows:

For some reason it works if I do it twice but it doesn’t work the first time. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Hello @jordan.robertson,

Thank you for reaching out and for providing all the necessary details.

The error you’re encountering occurs because the element has not yet loaded on the page. To address this, you can either introduce a pause before capturing the screenshot or utilize the element’s state “element loaded” when its value is set to “yes” (img).

We hope this solution proves useful to you. Please keep us updated on your progress, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions or require further assistance.

Thank you once again, and I’m looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stefan

Hey @Stephan. I added that but it still wouldn’t load for me. I ended up reverting back to 1.22.0 and it’s working fine right now.

Thanks
Jordan

Hello @jordan.robertson,

Thank you for the message.

While the latest update ideally shouldn’t be causing such errors, we are committed to investigating this matter thoroughly. Could you please confirm if simply changing the version without adding anything resolved your inquiry?

Additionally, regarding the pause before the action “Take picture”, have you experimented with setting a longer pause, say 2 seconds or more, to see if you encounter the same issue?

Furthermore, the videos you provided in your initial message are currently inaccessible. Could you kindly send us links to them again? Additionally, if you could specify the device and browser you are using, and whether you’ve tried accessing the app on other devices, it would greatly assist us in our investigation.

Your cooperation and input are invaluable in helping us resolve this issue promptly.

Thank you once again, and I eagerly await your response. :pray:

Best regards,
Stefan

@Stephan Here are the videos:

And yes, all I had to do was downgrade to get the camera plugin to work for me. I’m using brave as my browser of choice at the moment so I’d bet that has something to do with it. Regarding the 2 second delay, I don’t think that is the issue because the camera isn’t being turned on, so it doesn’t get to that step.

Hello @jordan.robertson,

Thank you for providing the videos.

Regarding saving the image to your database, please use the plugin’s event “Image Saving Ended” to save the image once this event occurs(img). This should prevent the image from being empty.

Concerning the issue from the second video, it happens because the element has not fully loaded on your page. To resolve this, please try adding a longer pause, such as 2 seconds. Additionally, you might find it helpful to check our demo page for an example.

Thank you for your understanding, and I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stefan