Services Plugins FAQs

Can I share a template I purchased within my team

Is it possible to share a template I purchased with another developer in my team? With Bubble I can share the app, but I want them to be able to experiment on a test copy of the template.

Hi, @andrew3!

Yes, of course, you can give another developer access to your application with the template, but not the template itself. You see, when you bought a template to use it, you created a new application using this template. And now you can share your application with any of your developers. This template is located inside your account and cannot be transferred to another account.

Here is a link that might be helpful: https://manual.bubble.io/application-settings/private-and-public-apps#edit-mode-rights

Best, Julia.

Hi @Julia,

Thanks. OK - so, once I have Professional version of Bubble (which I enabled today) I can share the App with another developer. Got it!

But, How do I let that developer ‘play’ with the template and learn without messing anything up? Can you advise on good practices for working with another developer on an app? In my mind’s eye I had hoped he could clone the app and work on a test version of it where he could try things without breaking it!! Thanks

@andrew3, you see, he can break it at any time if he doesn’t know how to deal with bubble :slightly_smiling_face: But anyway, as our templates can be used with no limits, you may create a new app with this template inside your account and grant him access to this app in order to “play”. The long story short, you’ll have a few Apps with the same template. The first one can be used by this developer in order to sharpen his skills or test things, the second for other purposes.

Hope this helps!
Best, Julia.