Services Plugins FAQs

Can't open google calendar app with app wrapped in air native

I use air native.
I want to launch google calendar from an app wrapped in air native, but the url sheme does not work on iOS.
Has anyone been able to launch the google calendar app from an application wrapped with air native?

Hello @sunline.swift,
Apologies for the late response during the weekend, and thank you for contacting us.

To get a clearer picture of what you’re trying to accomplish with a mobile app wrapped through Air Native service, could you share your app’s name, the plugin you’re using to launch Google Calendar, screenshots of your setup, both in Bubble editor and on the Google console part, and the steps I can follow to replicate the issue on my end inside your app.

Is the issue happening on certain devices? Android/ iOS?

This information will assist me in understanding your scenario more effectively and offering appropriate advice. I appreciate your patience and am eager to hear back from you. :pray:

Best regards.

Thank you.
What I want to do is simply launch the google calendar app that I have downloaded to my device when I click on the icon.
App name:schedulerepeat(domain is shiba-inu.app)
Plugin used to launch Google Calendar:Currently URL is set.
Screenshots of the settings (both in bubble editor):please see attached.

1 Like

Hi @sunline.swift,
Thank you for your reply.

You are doing this right, but instead of a Hyperlink you have to use the Deeplink of the app you want to open (Google Calendar in your case)

For Google Calendar, the standard deeplink scheme to open the app on most mobile devices is something like:
googlecalendar://

However, it’s important to note that the exact scheme can vary depending on the device’s operating system (iOS or Android) and the app’s current implementation by Google, which may change over time. This scheme is intended to be used in mobile development contexts, such as linking directly to the app from a website or another app.

If you’re looking to implement such a feature or use it in a project, it’s a good idea to check the latest developer documentation from Google or test the URL scheme to ensure it works as expected on your target devices.

Hope this information helps. :pray:

Have a great week ahead.
Regards, :slightly_smiling_face: