Services Plugins FAQs

Can't preview Wasabi files after changing file default names

Hey guys!

I have been using the Wasabi pluggin for bubble for a while and it works fine for me, but now i’m having some problems when my users uploads files with very long names or strange characters. What i’m trying right now is to rename the files to change the names to a 10 length of characters random string.

The rename works fine, but after rename the files now i can’t do a preview the files, they are downloaded automatically.

I’ll give a more developed explanation of how the process I’m working on works:

1º The user logs into the application and uploads the files to wasabi through the plugin. The wasabiS3 bubble element has the auto submit and rename files option active.
2º Once the files have been uploaded, through a backend workflow, I save the information of the files in my bubble database, saving their full name, their server name and their url.
3º Lastly, I offer the user the possibility of consulting the document that they have uploaded through a link, so that if they click on this link they can see the file that they have uploaded to wasabi. This link works by collecting the url saved in the database.

The problem is that when renaming the files automatically through the plugin with the rename files option, the files cannot be previewed through the url, instead the url becomes a url to download automatically the files without me being able to do anything.

If anyone can help me with this problem or knows why it can occur, I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance!

Hi @adrianquota, thanks for your message.
For a better understanding of your case, please share a screencast (I recommend using the Loom tool) with the described setup, it would allow understanding your case better.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Good morning @Serg ! thanks for your quick response

I have recorded a small video explaining how our wasabi element works with its configuration where you can see our problem, which occurs when changing the rename files option from no to yes.

I have not shown the workflows to save the files uploaded to wasabi to our database, if you think they can be of help let me know and I will share it without problems!

Thank you very much for your time and keep in touch!

@adrianquota, thanks for the video shared.
I’ve passed it on to the developer team for research. Once any feedback will become available, I will let you know asap :wink:

Thank you for understanding :pray:

Regards,

@Serg Thank you very much for your help and your time!
I stay tuned to any reply

Thank you in advance, have a nice day

Regards

Hi @adrianquota, thanks for your patience.

Let me share the good news - a plugin update is available, which fixed the reported issue (renamed files download).
Please update your plugin to version 1.6 9.0 (Uploaded file rename fix) and give it a try.

If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let me know.

Regards,

1 Like

Hello @Serg,

I just updated to the new version and it works perfectly, thank you very much!

Thank you very much for your time and help

Kind regards

2 Likes

@adrianquota, you’re welcome :wink:

If you like our plugin, we would be grateful if you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Have a nice week ahead!

Regards,