Services Plugins FAQs

Change Icon Color For Audio Player Plugin

I’m looking for a way to change the color of the default icons. Mainly, I would like to change them from white to black but I can’t seem to find a way to do it through the appearance tab or the styles tab in Bubble.

Is there some other workaround to change the color of the icons? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Image 2-18-21 at 6.26 PM

Hi @Addae, thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, the current settings of the plugin allow to change only the player bar color.

We will check how feasible it will be to add the requested feature to the future plugin update, thank you for suggesting it.

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Regards,

@Serg, thanks for the response.

While I have you though I do have another - although slightly different - question about the audioplayer.

Is it possible to change what the audio player uses as the ‘current audio name’? Specifically, I’m using a URL as the source of my audio files, and instead of the file name as the value for ‘current audio name’ I would like to use one of the data field’s values I have created in the data types section of Bubble. Is it possible to display that data instead, or does displaying the ‘current audio name’ value for the audio player always show the file name of the audio source?

Thanks again.

Hi @Addae , thanks for your reply and interesting question.

Unfortunately, the current setup of the plugin doesn’t allow to display of a custom audio name, taken from the data table, that will correspond to the currently played track from the URL source.
This is because it is not possible to establish a dynamic link between the currently played track and the name that should be shown to the user.

I would recommend exploring the possibility to add such feature through adding custom states on elements (kindly note that this would require pretty advanced Bubble skills), see the general description link: https://manual.bubble.io/working-with-data/element-custom-states

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Thanks for the response. I’ll take a look.

1 Like

Hi @Serg,

I have one more question about the audio player.

I see that there is a button on the Appearance tab of the audio player for “restart audio when over” and I’m trying to create a repeat button using that function. I’ve tried creating a condition on the audio player that unchecks the "restart audio when over’ option, but it doesn’t seem to work. Is it possible to toggle the “restart audio when over” feature in order to create a loop button?
Also for reference, I’m playing audio from an index (repeating group) not a single audio file.

Thanks again.

Hi @Addae, thanks for the question.

Unfortunately, the plugin currently available options doesn’t allow to add a on/off loop button. Sorry for such inconvenience.

The only available feature that will (not) allow users to play tracks on repeat - is to check/uncheck the “Restart audion when over” option.

Regards,

Hi @Serg,

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. I was actually able to pull off a repeat track and repeat playlist by creating my own play/pause, and loop buttons, and toggling the options with custom states respectively.

Thanks again for your help. I’m sure I’ll be back with another question eventually.

2 Likes

Hi @Addae, you’re welcome!

In case any other questions will appear in regard to our plugins, you know where to find us :slight_smile:

Have a nice week ahead!

Regards,

Dear @Addae, hello!

We have pushed a plugin update, that has added the requested option (the ability to change the colors of the player elements).
To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and give it a try.

Regards,