Services Plugins FAQs

Chromecast Functionality

Hello, I’m working on building an OTT platform with Bubble. All of the popular platforms have Chromecast capability even on iOS. Netflix, Hulu, Peacock, Tubi, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc.

Has anyone successfully built Chromecast capability into a Bubble app? Is it possible? Can we suggest a plug-in be built?

Hello @rgnldbrks

Thank you for reaching out.

At the moment we do not have a plugin that has Chromecast connect functionality, mostly because Chromecast has API for web application integration, which means that it can be connected to any Bubble app, and there is no need for the plugin in this case.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hi again, I have my app live on the App Store and Google Play Store. I want users to be able to cast videos from the app. I know Google has API but wouldn’t that only work in the web version of the app and not native?

Hi @rgnldbrks

Connecting it via an API connector it’s just one of the suggestions, and it can probably work, but we haven’t tested this scenario and haven’t implemented such a use case, therefore I can’t tell you if that would work for sure, but it needs to be tested to understand if that integration would work with Native.

Hope for your understanding on this matter

Thanks!