Services Plugins FAQs

Color Picker Customization

Hey all!

I’m running into a customization issue with the Air Color Picker.

I’d like to remove the dropdown arrow and and grey border of the picker. Ideally the only thing showing up would be the color itself (as a circle, but I can figure that out), and when clicked - the palette comes up.

Another thing I’m wondering is if there’s a way to show the colors in the palette as circles instead of squares. I’d also like to remove the check mark and have a circle border around the selected color.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @isaacshaw57 ,
Thank you for reaching out to us, and sorry for the delay over the weekend.

I’d like to remove the dropdown arrow and and grey border of the picker. Ideally the only thing showing up would be the color itself (as a circle, but I can figure that out), and when clicked - the palette comes up.

Another thing I’m wondering is if there’s a way to show the colors in the palette as circles instead of squares. I’d also like to remove the check mark and have a circle border around the selected color.

I’m glad to let you know that your request can be accomplished using custom CSS directly on your page.

Alternatively, if you prefer a more straightforward approach, you can incorporate a pre-made HTML block into your page. This method is quite convenient and we have an example of how can this be achieved on our Test page.

Our devs created an HTML element that you can use as a starting point and customize and adapt it according to your needs.

The first part of the code will make sure to hide the arrow, While the second snippet referring to the border radius can let you adjust the roundness of color palettes.

This is the end result, as previously mentioned feel free to customize and adapt this code on your side.

We hope that you will find these suggestions helpful.
Best regards, :dizzy:
Zeroqode Support Team.

Thank you very much! I actually ended up going with a different color picker for this (Color Picker - Customizable from Tech Blocks).

My app uses dropdown color options, and I wasn’t seeing a way to easily set the value of the Air Color Picker when the event is selected. Tech Blocks made this very easy in the workflow.

The Air Color Picker has much more functionality than the one from Tech Blocks, but this is something that might be a good addition to the plugin!

Hello @isaacshaw57,
I hope you are doing well. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your feedback and for letting us know about your decision to use a different color picker for your project. It’s great to hear that you found a solution that fits seamlessly into your workflow.

The Air Color Picker has much more functionality than the one from Tech Blocks, but this is something that might be a good addition to the plugin!

Thank you for the suggestions, we will add them to the list of plugin improvements and check if it’s feasible and if the plugin library allows us to implement these changes - we will notify you once there are any updates but can’t provide any timeframes.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity to assist you in the future.
Have a nice day! :sunny:

1 Like