Services Plugins FAQs

Configure Menu to Pages

Hi,

I am fairly new to bubble, so I am not sure if I have done things correctly.

I am using one of the marketplace templates from zeroqode, and I have modified the menu values. Just renamed them.

The issue is that now, they are not linked to the correct pages.

As an example, if I click on Electronics, it does not take me to the list of products with the category electronics.

Any ideas?

Hi @emeric, thank you for your message, and thanks for using our template. :slight_smile:

To make sure the menu items redirect the users to the correct page, it is needed to check the Workflow of the items so they have the same value names as the one you have changed to.

I also would like to mention that we do not provide help/consultation for customizing the templates. We can only advise on the current design and functionality of the template. Please make sure you have enough Bubble skills before starting editing any template. Here is a list of useful information:

https://manual.bubble.io

Have a good day!

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve actually sorted that out.

It would be good to have support for technical questions included in the cost of the template as well.

I do not mean custom customization, but simple things, such as how to map a button to a new tab.

Hi @emeric, thank you for your message. Happy you could sort it out so quickly!

As part of the template cost, we can advise on the existing functionality and workflows that come with the template. Therefore, in case you got any questions for us just let us know so we can help you.

In case you would like to learn and get familiar with the Bubble platform you can subscribe to our Zeroqode Lab. There you can start learning how to build apps on Bubble, there are courses suitable for different levels, thus it is simply needed to find the one that fits your level.

https://manual.bubble.io

I would as well recommend you to check Bubble’s and Zeroqode’s forums and search for the keywords. Usually, there are threads where you could find a workaround for your case.

Though, thank you very much for the feedback and idea you have shared.

Have a good day!