Services Plugins FAQs

Continue as guest payments

Hi there. I am looking to create a continue as guest option so users don’t need to add a bank card to take payments.

My set up is as follows;
The consumer signs in to my platform. Once they do, should they wish to add a listing they would then need to create a stripe connect account when “add listing” is pressed.

However I want to make a option where they can just press continue as guest. Perhaps PayPal is suitable for this? I would appreciate any advice when it comes to the required set up.

Cole

Hello, @gloverstravels
Thanks for your question.

Before providing you a concrete answer for your use case, can you please provide us more details regarding the scenario for the unauthorized users?

Should these users connect their Stripe Accounts even if they are “guests”?
The payment can proceed only if the platform has any information regarding the method of the payment.
Thus, we need to understand if these users will have the ability to pay on the platform.

Looking to hear from you soon.
Best regards,

Hi there. The goal would be for the user to not input their card details before listing an item for sale. Thus meaning, that in event of a customer buying the item, there would be some way of withholding the money on the users account until they withdraw it (put in their bank details).

Or if there could be a way to use PayPal to do this. The user would only continue as a guest when selling items. This is so they could quickly list products (as it is currently a requirement to add bank details before they list an item).

I thought about some balance method, where the customers balance is held on the bubble account and the user can withdraw it once they have a payment method. So if a customer pays for an item (e.g. £10) this amount would be saved to their bubble account as £10.

Thank you, I hope that makes sense

@gloverstravels
Thanks for the details.

Please allow me to analyze them and to revert with a solution or workaround for this case ASAP. Thanks for the understanding.

Best regards,

Hello, @gloverstravels
Thanks for your patience.

I’m afraid that this method is not possible. The Bubble Platform does not allow users to store money and pay for purchases from their accounts.

In case you are willing to hide only the card details, you can use the Paypal Payment system for your needs. When paying online, you only need to enter your e-mail address and password. So, the user won’t be authorized on your platform, but in the process of adding a list, he will introduce the only credentials of the account.

This scenario is not possible with the Stripe Payment system, unfortunately.

Hope it will help you.
Best regards,