Services Plugins FAQs

Convert URLs to Files - Not Working

Hi folks, having a tough time with this one. The download never happens. The workflow action triggers, the file is correct (and that URL loads just fine in a browser when you plug it in manually). But that’s it.

I’ve got my workflow set up just like the demo.

When stepping through, you can see the data is there.

But no download.

The domain of the file is different than the domain of the site, but I thought that’s what “Enable CORS” was supposed to alleviate?

Any thoughts / help?

THANK YOU!
Al

I’ve also tried putting the raw File URL into the workflow, but no luck.

Really hope someone here at Zeroqode can help!

Thank-you,
Al

Hi @ALB,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.

Can you please confirm if the File URL used is a valid URL, can you open it in the Browser?

I’ve carefully tested on my side and inserted a URL that leads to a PDF file, the plugin action Create File From URL URLtoFile A works accordingly.
See the screenshots below:

If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.
All the best, :pray:

Hi Igor, thank-you for the reply.

Yes, said that in my first paragraph: (and that URL loads just fine in a browser when you plug it in manually)

Did your test include a different domain for the file vs. the site? What can we do to figure this out?

Hi @ALB,

Thank you for your message, and I apologize for responding late. I have carefully examined the plugin again and reviewed the screenshots you provided.

Based on your statement

I observed a minor difference between your workflow setup and our demo page. In your screenshot, you are using the action “Create File From URL URLtoFile A” on a List of Things, which is not compatible with the plugin because it can only handle a single URL, as shown in the screenshots below:
Your setup:

Our demo page:

Therefore, please review your workflow and convert only one URL instead of a list of things.

If you have any other plugin-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I will be happy to assist.
Best regards, :pray:

Hi @Igor, I made this above statement earlier which should make your last post irrelevant. List is not the issue. It doesn’t work with a single URL manually entered.

I’ve also made the above two statements but haven’t heard a response to them. I believe this might be a likely issue which is why I keep bringing it up.

Thanks for the help!
Al

Hello again, @ALB
Thank you for your reply.

I apologize for any frustration my previous message may have caused.
I understand that this issue is important to you and we want to resolve it as quickly and efficiently as possible.

To better investigate the issue, would it be possible for you to provide us with access to your app?
This would allow us to check the reported issue in your environment and provide a more accurate solution. Please let us know which test page and steps we need to take to reproduce your use case.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, please follow these steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com.
As Zeroqode is on an Agency plan, our support account can be added as a collaborator to an app even on a Free plan.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Regards, :pray: