Services Plugins FAQs

ConvertortoPDFv2.0 stopped working when compression is used

Yesterday I upgraded to ConvertortoPDF v2.0 and it worked fine with compressed images. This morning when I continued my Build, I reran it and now it is not working at all despite no changes having been made to it. It only works when I set compression to None, which generated massive files. What is going on!? Unfortunately the same is happening in my live app, so my users are also unhappy.

I have removed the old element and redid the workflows and everything linked to it and it worked fine. This morning not at all!

Weirdly it doesn’t even show as an action in my server logs??? All the steps prior to and after the Convert to PDF shows up. Just not Convert to PDF

Update: Not even working for uncompressed files now. Don’t know if it had something to do with Bubble’s outage when I started this morning (AU time)

Further update. Downgraded and upgraded again. No change. Deleted element and replaced on page and workflow. Now it works again. Hopefully this is not something I need to be doing often

Ok, now it is driving me completely nuts!!! I tested it after swapping all the elements out and it worked fine. Had forgotten to put one of the Convert to PDF workflow actions to single element on another page. Made the change and reloaded my app. Now it is not working at all on any of my pages!!!***@#$@! Really???

Even tried app in an Incognito page to see if it a cache issue - no GO!!! Obviously I am very frustrated

Another issue I have noted is that you cannot use Dynamic parameters for the file name. That was present in V1.0 and is handy for when this works again.

Update, downgraded to v 1.32 and rebuilt all the flows on all the pages with the downgraded version as version history shows 1.33 not compatible with older versions.

Saved my app after doing the updates and before testing.
Closed my browser tabs and restarted. Tested - not working at all> Not even triggering in Logs.

Tried in Microsoft edge (as using Chrome normally). Still not working at all. What now?

Definately not in server log!?

Hello, @christo. Thanks for reaching out.

We have made a major plugin update these days which contains a new plugin element called ConvertortoPDFv2.0. If you are using the latest .33 (30) version, you see the version description:

This means that the new/old plugin element won’t work properly under improper plugin version and if you want to use a new plugin element, you need to set up different settings to its action.

Yes, we know about this moment and currently we’re working on it, thanks!

There are 2 ways to convert your page/ID properly into a PDF file using our plugin:

1. using the old plugin element (and downgrade to the 27th version);
  2. using a new plugin element (upgrade to the latest version).

The first way is simple. You should use the same plugin action set up to get the resulting PDF file converted properly. If you see that with the old plugin element your application worked well (your SVG logo was not disappearing, etc) you should keep using it.

The flow is the following:

1. remove all new plugin elements from the page;
  2. downgrade the plugin to the 27th version (I suggest this version because I know it was quite stable in most of the user’s apps - you can choose any that worked well in your app);
  3. add the old plugin element to your page;
  4. define the element width/height (if it is one group - choose Convert Target = single element, and if it is several groups it’s better to indicate their parent group ID and divide those child groups into parts with the same width/height, to make the resulting PDF format tidy);
  5. setup the ConvertToPDF action properly (action, element properties, preview, resulting PDF file).

The second way is quite simple too. You just need to use a new plugin element, upgrade the plugin to the latest version, and do the following:

1. upgrade to the latest plugin version;
  2. place a new plugin element on the page, which elements you’d like to convert;
  3. define the width/height of the elements you want to convert (if you have several pages with the different width/height parameters, it is better to place each into the group and make these groups be the same width/height - then, if you follow this condition, the resulting pages after the conversion will look great and equal);
  4. setup the ConvertToPDFv.2 action properly (on the example of the popup with 9 pages: element properties (the whole popup), element properties (a single group), action, preview, resulting PDF).

Here is a short video for a better understanding:
https://ttprivatenew.s3.amazonaws.com/pulse/73s7zq-gmail/attachments/14613638/TinyTake08-09-2020-10-24-24.mp4

You can take a look at my test page set up to adjust your plugin settings the same way (to make the plugin work properly):

Also, if you’d like to add our support@zeroqode.com email as a collaborator of your app and indicate the page where you have the PDF converter plugin, I will take a look at it and adjust it to work properly with a pleasure.

Please let me know which way was the best option for you and if you need any further guidance/advise :pray:
Regards, Kate

Hi Kate, I would love to add you, but I am still operating on a personal plan and cannot add collaborators.
1.33.still does not run at all.

Here is a screen recording of my setup. https://share.getcloudapp.com/geuzeJ98

I hope you can help as the PDF creation is a very important part of my app

@christo,

Thanks for sharing this screen capture. To be able to help you with your issue, I need the edit rights and access to your app. You can add our support@zeroqode.com email as a collaborator of your app even if your app plan is a Hobby :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards, Kate

Hi Kate, On Friday, before I received your reply, I changed all the pages back to v.27 and it worked just fine with the exception of only the bottom (visible on screen when the converter is run) being converted to PDF. I got around this by adding a scroll to a higher up element jut before running it.

This morning I was just testing to make sure all is working before publishing and suddenly the plug in does not work on any of the 3 pages I have spent all Friday fixing it on!! What is going on here…? I have now added you as collaborator. The pages in question are Main_Quote, sign quote and loan pages.

I tried here to add another element to troubleshoot: CloudApp — Not Found
No go.

1 Like

I am thinking of unistalling plugin and resubscribing, but I am concerned that I might be charged again.

I am also confident you or I could get it working again, by deleting the element and workflows, upgrading the pluging and redoing it all. I have now done this 3 times and each time it works for a while, until I make another change elsehwere in the app and it is back to square one!

I tried to replicate it working and not working by upgrading, but couldn’t even get that working now: https://share.getcloudapp.com/Z4uk86zq

@christo,

Apologies for the delay with an answer :pray:
Let me please test and investigate your app so I will be able to make any further suggestions to you. I’ll let you know once I’m done.

Regards, Kate

@christo,

1. I have created a zq_test_pdf page, where I’ve checked the loan page conversion to PDF. I’ve used a new PDF element and the conversion result is pretty good. Please take a look.

2. The scratchpad page seems to be overloaded with different custom states and actions. I did not succeed to make the ConverttoPDF plugin work there.
    I can advise you to move the element you want to convert to PDF on the separate page or create a separate workflow for the ConverttoPDF action.
    How: for example, on the page scratchpad you have a button that shows the user’s invoice and you want to convert it into PDF. Create a separate page with the Repeating group with this invoice and add an Event > on the page load > ConverttoPDF action. It should work well.

3. The main_quote situation is the same. You have a lot of actions, within one event (print quote), and the last one action of this queue is the ConverttoPDF.
    Perhaps, while executing some of these actions - the error occurs and stops the workflow, so the ConverttoPDF’s action turn is not happening and the page is not being converted.
    I have added the separate action ConverttoPDF (PDF button) and it works well. Please take a look:
    https://ttprivatenew.s3.amazonaws.com/pulse/73s7zq-gmail/attachments/14676842/TinyTake15-09-2020-04-31-01.mp4

Please let me know if you need more help :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards, Kate

Thank you.

I have managed to now get it working on the main quote as well. So it is nothing to do with the complexity of the page at all.

Here is how I understand it:

Once you upgrade, the upgrade only works if you leave the pre-update element (V1) on the page as well. As soon as you delete the pre-updated element off the page the Plugin breaks. So I now how ConverttoPDF V1.27 and V1.33 on page and run the actions off 1.33. If I were to delete V1.27 element off the page, it breaks again.

This is exactly what happened before and ti makes sense in the above context:

1. I upgraded to V1.33, kept V1.27 (or lower) on page while I tested and copied all the workflows over. At the end of the day, when everything was copied, I deleted the V1.27 element and saved for the night. Next day, come back and test only to find it is broken!
  2. Do it all again, testing while both elements are on page, delete unused element, save, test - broken.

All I did to make it work on the main page now is to simply keep the old element there along with the new element and it works. So clearly some sort of bug.

@christo,

That’s strange, to be honest. Because within my test app, I have only the new plugin element, on the latest plugin version (33) and the plugin works well without the need of keeping the old element.

It looks like it is, but we can not reproduce this bug on our side. The latest version works pretty well and stable (if not mention a few things that we’re fixing now), with only the new element. What I can suggest is to use a workable solution for you.

Besides, we have a bug report on the 33rd version and it is under the process now. Soon I hope to inform you about the new plugin update. It should be more stable and convenient for users.

Thank you.
Regards, Kate