Services Plugins FAQs

Countable causing an error

I have the Countable plugin on a page. It was working fine, but yesterday I started to get a Bubble error when I previewed. The error says:

Sorry, we have encountered an unexpected error. Please report error code 1570371125133x515029971404811900 to the Bubble team

I have sent this over to Bubble, but as I have now, through a process of elimination found at that it is only when the Countable plugin is on the page when I get that error.

I ended up creating a brand new page and adding the Countable plugin to it, and as soon as I did I got the error on previewing.

Here’s a video showing this:

http://cloud.paulsmithson.com/3caf74/[6fa5fc927fd78db1e578ada20aed0373]_Screen%20Recording%202019-10-06%20at%2003.12%20pm.gif

I have the latest version installed and have already tried removing and reinstalling the plugin and re-adding it to the page. No joy.

Hope you can help.

Hi @Siddhartha

The best solution would be, to let Bubble engineering team to check what’s actually causing the issue.
We encountered in some apps while debugging them, same error message. We sent bug_reports to the Bubble team which in the end provided a fix for the apps.
So for now, please wait for Bubble to respond for better approach to the situation.
Thanks.

Best,
Dumitru.

Sure thing Dumitru. I will do that.

Thanks for letting me know. I will keep you posted.

1 Like

I let Bubble know and Eve (at Bubble) says they have been in touch with you guys, but still this pesky error won’t go away. I’ve sent videos to Bubble so they can see the problem, but I figured I’d do one to try and help you as well.

Basically, as soon as I drag the Countable plugin onto any page I get an error as soon as I preview the page. It was all working perfectly until early October, but since then it has errored every single time.

Here’s a video showing me creating a new page and adding the plugin and then previewing so you can see the error.

Hope that helps you get to the bottom of it and thanks for your help with this.

Hello @Siddhartha

Sorry to hear that, we’ll need access to your app if that’s possible with details like name of your app, page where you’re getting the issue.
Which browser you’re using and tested the app? Steps to reproduce, etc.
Add plugins@zeroqode.com as collaborator so we could look closely.
Thanks for understanding.

Best,
Dumitru.

What’s the best email address for sharing those details with you Dumitru?

this one @Siddhartha

Hello Paul. @Siddhartha

We pushed an update to plugin, regarding the error you’re getting. Now the error returns a message regarding what’s wrong with the plugin on server side.

Please use with plugin with with Multiline input or input, in order to get the result.
See the demo page you’ve provided for developers, should give you an idea how to use it.
Thanks for understanding.

Best,
Dumitru.

Hi Dumitru

Thanks for fixing it as the descriptive error message is now correct and helped me to figure out what the problem was. In a nutshell, the plugin is showing the error when it is referencing a multiline input that is not yet visible.

To get round it I have simply made the Countable element invisible and then added a workflow that makes Countable visible at the same time as the multiline input. Problem solved :slight_smile:

1 Like