Services Plugins FAQs

Countable Not Working with repeating groups?

I have a counter for the input of a poll feature, which is in a repeating group. The polls are attached to a post. Users can add or remove options, but the options are limited to 30 characters. This works fine.

However, when switching between posts, the repeating groups display the poll of a different post & the countable displays the number of characters of the input from the previous post. Usually (for non-repeating group inputs) this can be fixed by adding a workflow action to get countable values, but this countable doesn’t show up (presumably because it’s in a repeating group).

Is there a way to make sure this updates properly?

Hello @musicbybargo ,

Thanks for reaching out. :pray:

Just to confirm, are you referring to the theCountable Plugin? After testing the plugin with Repeating Groups, we were unable to find any issues on our end, please check my test page to see how I set it up.

Would it be convenient for you to provide more details regarding your use case?

Namely, screenshots and screencasts of your workflow setup, plugin element, the issue you see, and the expected result, for screencast recording I can suggest using the Loom tool.

Please record a video in step-by-step mode with the browser’s console enabled, in case there are any error messages there, and share a link with us so we can understand better your use case.

These details will help us reproduce your setup on our side and look into it.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your reply.

All the best, :slightly_smiling_face:
Stephan

Hey, thanks so much for the quick response and sorry for my late one…

Here’s more info:

This is the screen recording of the poll with live counter (indeed with the Countable plugin). When switching to another one, the previous number of characters stays in the counter.

Schermafbeelding 2024-02-15 om 16.26.36

The countable used is called Countable Z1 (as seen in the screenshots it’s inside the repeating group).

However, in workflow actions, it’s not showing up:

Schermafbeelding 2024-02-15 om 16.26.59

So I cannot force reset the counter every time we switch between polls.

Hope this explains the issue a little better.

Thanks in advance!
Bart

Hello @musicbybargo,

Thank you for sharing additional details with us.

Upon reviewing the information provided, we have confirmed an issue where the plugin element ‘Countable’ is not always visible within the ‘Get Countable Values’ action. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

To address this, I have initiated an investigation and forwarded the matter to our development team for further examination. Rest assured, I will keep you updated with any progress or insights as they become available.

Thanks for your understanding and patience. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please feel free to reach us.

Best regards,
Stephan

Thanks Stephan, looking forward to the updates!

1 Like

Hello @musicbybargo,

I hope this message finds you in good spirits. :pray:

After consulting with our development team, we regret to inform you that due to certain limitations within Bubble, dynamically utilizing a Countable element within a repeating group is not possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

However, upon reviewing your initial message, we’ve identified a workaround that may address your concern regarding the display of character counts from inputs in other posts. To implement this solution, please adjust the settings by adding the dynamic value of the cell index to the input element’s ID Attribute.

This modification should also be applied to the Countable element.

By following these steps, each row should accurately display the character count or other specified attributes. You can also check the test page here for a better understanding.

Hope you find this solution beneficial and look forward to your feedback or any further questions you might have.

Best regards,
Stephan

Thanks for getting back to me. However, we’ve already done this and this only solves the countable showing the right number of characters per poll option in our case. When switching the polls, the issue remains the same

Hello @musicbybargo,

Thanks for your message.

Could you kindly provide a more detailed explanation regarding the poll feature within your app? Specifically, we’re interested in understanding exactly what it entails, how it functions, the process for switching between polls, and any other relevant details. Additionally, if possible, please include screenshots or videos to better illustrate your use case.

Gaining a deeper understanding of this aspect will greatly enhance our ability to respond to your inquiry more effectively. It’s also worth mentioning that there may be certain limitations associated with the plugin when used in conjunction with Bubble.

Hope for your understanding and patience. :pray:

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stephan

So essentially there’s a list of drafts, you can switch between them by clicking on the drafts on the side.
When clicking on another draft than the one currently selected, it switches the content of the post (including poll) by displaying the new post’s content in the post & poll section

Hello @musicbybargo,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately, we didn’t manage to open the video you sent us, it will be Loading indefinitely. Even after I signed up for Dropbox Capture, it will show the same result.

Could you please check the possibility of privacy settings or any other factors that might be causing this? Alternatively, you might consider using a different method to send it, such as the Loom tool.

I’d also like to inform you that we’ve recently released an update 1.18.0 that will improve sentence counter functionality within the plugin.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Stephan

Does this one work?

Hello @musicbybargo,

Thank you for sharing the video.

Based on your description, it seems when you select a different draft, another Repeating Group (RG) appears, displaying the corresponding information. To ensure the Countable element accurately reflects the intended values, it’s crucial that each input’s ID Attribute within your RG (referred to as ‘pool’ in this context) is uniquely defined.

I’ve set up a demonstration on my test page featuring two RGs to illustrate a potential solution. You’re welcome to review the configuration and adapt a similar approach to suit your specific needs:

Additionally, I’ve incorporated two buttons that modify a custom state I’ve established. This adjustment subsequently activates conditionals within the RG:

Please examine the provided example and let us know if everything is understandable and whether it addresses your concerns.

Looking forward towards your feedback.

Best regards,
Stephan

Awesome. Aligned with your way of thinking, I changed the ID from “inputCurrent cell’s index” to “inputCurrent cell’s index Draft ID” so that the ID also changes when you change drafts.

Seems to work fine now!

1 Like

Thanks for your help Stephan, appreciate it

1 Like

Hi @musicbybargo ,

Glad to be helpful. Please feel free to reach us again when you need some help or assistance. It will be a pleasure to cooperate. :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, if you’re willing, we would be immensely grateful if you could share your experience by leaving a review. It not only supports us but also helps the wider Bubble community in making informed choices.

To rate our plugin, simply visit the Plugins tab in your Bubble editor, find the plugin by name, and share your experience through the rating system.

Additionally, if you’d like to extend your feedback to a broader audience, we invite you to leave a review on Trustpilot: Zeroqode on Trustpilot. Your insights and experiences are greatly appreciated and serve as a motivation for our team to continue delivering exceptional service. :pray:

Thank you for choosing Zeroqode, and I wish you a wonderful weekend ahead!

Best regards,
Stephan