Services Plugins FAQs

Coupons, "Free?" not working

I’m on Learny, and I want to offer a course for free for user testing.

I’ve selected “Free?” > Yes – When I click to enroll in the course, it still sends me to the pricing page.

I created a coupon in the database and in Stripe, but when I enter this in the “Coupon key” field, it tells me no such coupon exists.

I don’t see any additional information in the documentation. Is there something else I should be doing?

Hello @devin,
Thanks for reaching out.

We’ve checked the template but the issue you’ve reported is not reproducing on our side. I can recommend you create a new template copy and make sure this issue is not reproducing on it. If it is not - it means the customization you made in your app has affected the settings of this functionality.

If you have created a new coupon in the database this should work properly (Screenshot by Lightshot). Please pay attention to the upper and lower case letters of the coupon code as we’ve tried to create a new coupon and the issue is not reproducing on our end, unfortunately.

In case the issue persists, please send us a video recording showing the issue, workflow setup, and database. :pray:

Thank you!

Best regards,

I have made no changes to the Pricing page except greying out 2 of the 3 options. I’ve also made no changes to the original database fields except in the Course, Section, and Lesson types, and the only change there was how to search for items to connect.

I intentionally made the coupon all lowercase both in the database and in Stripe. Any field where I could enter text, I called it “tester” just to make sure I wasn’t misunderstanding which field was the actual code.

Here’s the video on Bubble. I’m not sure what else I need to show. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zrpdrs_AVedRk_FL-Ep93uk89M-9cvUI/view?usp=share_link

Additionally, here’s video of the coupon in Stripe.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_u-cTIFIR3sWkSBZ_vfMBgOWDLQPdTK-/view?usp=share_link

Thanks!

Hello @devin,
Thank you for the video. :pray:

As far as I can see from the video you provided, you are previewing the app in the live version. Please note once you have made all the changes to the development version, if you preview your app on the development version you will be able to see the changes you’ve made. In order to see the changes in the live version, you need to deploy the design as well as the database.

Please try our suggestion and let me know if it helps.

Best,
Gulce