Services Plugins FAQs

Coursely Template Help - Errors

I’ve gone through setup but every time I try to go live, I get 2 errors that need to be fixed, but there is no documentation as far what I’m supposed to do to get these errors fixed. I’ve tried everything and am maybe missing something?

What needs to be done with these two errors so I can publish my site? I cannot go further until this is fixed.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 10.39.46 AM

Hello, @Boxels
Thanks for reaching out.

Allow me to note that these issues are reproduced by the Stripe payment plugin. As we can see, you did not register your account into the Stripe platform and did not enter the keys in the plugin’s section.

Please find below the detailed documentation for setting up the plugin:
https://docs.zeroqode.com/templates/coursely-online-learning-or-udemy-template/setup-guide#payments
https://docs.zeroqode.com/connecting-stripe-payment-using-stripe-plugin

So, these issues will be fixed only after completing the configuration of the Stripe into your application.

Hope it will help you.
Best regards,

Thanks for the reply. Thats the frustrating part. I’m quite savvy with things and normally can get through anything, especially where the tutorial is not the best or very helpful, which is the case in regards to this stripe connect tutorial with this template… I had already done those step, confirmed the same multiple times, it’s all setup, and has been both on Stripe (which I’ve used for years) and the plugin setting on bubble.io for your template.

Those steps were already completed. I have verified them 4 times now, and i still get those errors. This shouldn’t be that hard to fix on a paid for template.

I finally figured it out. Nowhere doe your tutorial state you need to do both DEVELOPMENT and LIVE keys for it to work.
ugh.

Hello, @Boxels
Happy to hear that you were able to figure it out by yourself.

We are sorry that the information from the provided document was not enough to configure the Stripe plugin within your application.
Thus, we will take into consideration the ability to add more details here to make the process of setup more clear.

Apologies for this inconvenience.
Best regards,