Services Plugins FAQs

Creating a comic book app

Does anyone know how I would build a comic book app? (i.e., Shonen Jump) I would actually like to add this to one of Zeroqode’s templates.

Hey @david.green2010, hope you’re well.

Just to clarify, do you want your readers to read your comics directly from the app, or do you want them to download the comic books in pdf format from your app?

Yes only reading on the app, no downloading the comic book

Well since a comic is rich with custom graphics, one way you can go about developing such an app is by uploading your custom images of a particular comic book, where each image serves as 1 page of the comic.

And you may present those images in a slidable fashion so that your readers slide through the images/pages much like they would flip pages in a physical comic.

The Image Slider Plugin can assist you if you wish to present your images in a slidable fashion.

You may choose to decide whether or not you wish to create a new bubble page for every comic you publish, to place these images in or you can use 1 bubble page that hides/shows a particular comic based on what a reader selected.

Just note that if you decide to create a new page in your bubble app for every comic you publish, then your app will end up having lots of pages and that may somewhat affect your app’s performance.

This is just an idea to help you explore your options and hopefully you found it helpful :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks Divine,. I’m not sure how I miss this comment earlier when we responded.

1 Like

Hi @david.green2010, thanks for your message and apologies for the late reply.
In addition to the recommendation provided by @divine.tmaredi, I also can share the following advice:
You can start developing your project by creating an application visual concept (built for example in Figma), where you can see/figure out how you would like to provide/display the visual content to the users.

After that, by searching on our no-code plugins portal or through Bubble plugins in general, you can find those that would fit your project requirements.
Before purchasing a plugin, please be sure to check available Demo pages (where you can see examples how plugin works), and plugin description (available on Bubble editor, Plugins tab) to see all available data calls, actions and events.

Hope the provided advice would help. In case any other questions related to our products will appear, please let me know, I will be glad to help

1 Like

I had the same question. I am quite passionate about creating my own comic book app. Thanks for the meaningful discussion it helped me find my answer too.

2 Likes

I am glad to announce that I have started working on s comic about project qt… :grin:

1 Like