Services Plugins FAQs

Custom Audio Player - Detecting when a file has finished playing?

Hi

I’m using the free custom audio player in a project which is working great :+1:

Basically, I have a playlist page this is used on and when a user hits the play button (in a repeating group which is a list of files to play) then that particular file is played.

I’d now like to add functionality so that when that file has finished playing, it automatically plays the next file in the list. I know how to get the next file etc but can’t see an easy way of knowing when the current audio file has finished playing, how is this possible?

I did try adding a condition that compares the current play position to the duration of the file but this is never triggered.

Thanks

Richard

Hello @richard8,
Thank you for reaching out. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d now like to add functionality so that when that file has finished playing, it automatically plays the next file in the list. I know how to get the next file etc but can’t see an easy way of knowing when the current audio file has finished playing, how is this possible?

There is an easy way of knowing when the audio is finished, you can use the event called
A Custom Audio Player (Testing) Audio Has Ended with the help of this event you could set the workflow and conditionals to get the next audio to play as you described in the beginning.

I hope you have found this helpful, let me know if there a]e any more questions i can help with.
Have a nice weekend! :sunny:

How did I not spot that! :man_facepalming:

Amazing and it works just as I’d hoped! Thank you :raised_hands:

Hello @richard8 ,
Glad to be of help. :slightly_smiling_face:

If the plugin is now functioning well and you don’t have any other issues, we would be grateful if you could take a moment to share your experience with Zeroqode. You can leave a review directly from the Plugins tab in the Bubble editor, rating it with as many stars as it deserves.

Additionally, you can share your experience with Zeroqode at: Review. Your feedback would make our day at the Support team and motivate us to continue developing outstanding products and maintaining excellent customer service.

If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Have a nice day! :sunny:

1 Like