Services Plugins FAQs

Custom audio player trouble

I have 2 custom audio players installed

For desktop custom audio player A

For mobile custom audio player B

I have been working on my app, but suddenly the audio player A on my dev version does not work anymore, while the live version works fine.
I deleted and recreated the element, but it’s not working.
The custom audio player B with the same files works fine on the mobile version. All events/actions seem to be equal to the desktop workflows.

The audio appears. The total time does not appear and the time counter does not start. No sound.

Hello @floripaolo,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

After looking into the inquiry you reported, it seems the root cause is related to the CustomAudioPlayer element on the main branch not being configured with the Dynamic link, unlike its setup on the live branch.

Live branch:

Main branch:

Could you please adjust the main branch to mirror the live version’s setup and test to see if the issues persist?

If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, feel free to reach out.

Thank you once again, and I’m looking forward to your reply. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

I really thought that was the solution, it seemed so obvious. But it’s still not working…

Hello @floripaolo,

Thanks for your message.

It’s unusual that the result remains the same after adding the link. The workflows seem identical in both the live and main branches, so it may be a bug in Bubble.

To troubleshoot the issue, there are two things you can try. Firstly, you can recreate the “Group Meditation player home 1” from scratch by copying it with workflows and adding all the conditionals from as in live version. This might help in resolving the problem.

The second suggestion is to create a custom state to store the Meditation audio for the element.

Use the custom state for the CustomAudioPlayer element.

This step will help us determine whether the issue is caused by a Bubble or Plugin bug. Please let us know if these steps help resolve your issue.

Thanks you once again and we’re looking forward to your reply. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

Hello Stephan

I tried as you said but it doesn’t work in both options.

I am not sure though, if I’ve set up correctly the second suggestion as you meant.

The only difference is that now the audio’s time is visible.
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 09.48.04

Thanks

Hello @floripaolo,

Thank you for your message.

I’ve taken another look at your setup and everything appears to be functioning properly. The “CustomAudioPlayer” element now sees the audio link from the custom state, and the plugin operates smoothly if you click on the time bar.

Also please adjust all the conditionals and workflows as in the live version to make sure it will work as intended.

I hope this information assists you. Feel free to update me on your progress or if you have any further questions about our plugins.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend! :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

Hi

I changed the conditionals as you suggested, but I realized that this condition is an empty condition, therefore it hasn’t any impact.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 11.25.01

I found a missing Customaudioplayer A trigger that was supposed to actually start the play.

What I don’t understand why the index’s meditation audio version (as in player B) is not working anymore for player A.
In the live version it’s jsut working fine.

Hello @floripaolo,

Thank you for your message.

It’s reassuring to know that your app is now functioning correctly. Regarding the conditional you mentioned, indeed it seems to be empty, but it was important to cover all aspects of the player’s workflow that were missing in the main version.

This issue is indeed unusual, and despite our efforts, we haven’t pinpointed the exact cause. It appears that the index’s state was consistently empty, preventing the Player element from receiving and displaying any data. This suggests a possible minor bug within Bubble itself. We’ll continue to monitor this situation closely to see if something similar with happen in future.

Thank you for your cooperation. Please don’t hesitate to reach us if you need further assistance or have any more questions. :pray:

Best regards,
Stefan

1 Like