Services Plugins FAQs

Custom Popup position plugin for Bubble

Hello - I have added your plugin to the page - I have also filled out the ID Attribute - then I have added the vertical/horizontal position & values - but the popup continues to be centered in the screen - any help would be appreciated - see screen shots

Hello @michael.youmans,
Thanks for reaching out!

Can you please try to specify the ID without any spacing? e.g. popupspecialties instead of Popup Specialties.

This should help. :pray:

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi - I did what you said and it didn’t move at all - I even changed to 10 instead of 100 pixels just to see if it was that - nothing.

And - just so you know - I also spelled all lower case: popupspecialties and it still did not move. Is it perhaps because I am seeing it only in preview mode? - I have not yet deployed to live.

Thanks.

See images

Hi @michael.youmans,

I’ve double-checked the plugin but unfortunately, the issue is not reproducing on our side. I’ve made a short video for you showing a basic setup and the result, please check it here: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

In case the issue still persists, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? Please also mention on which page and which scenario should be tested. This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi @Gulce,

I had my developer take a look and he said that everything was set up perfectly (according to you and your video) - still we don’t see any changes in the popup positioning. He said perhaps it is because we are working with a larger popup (you have a small one and mine is 1,000w x 650h). Still unsure.
So, if you want to see for yourself I have no problem getting on skype/google whatever and sharing my screen - I can’t allow you to be added as a collaborator though.

Otherwise, perhaps we can just get a refund and we will have to go in another direction. Let me know how you would like to proceed - you can email me at: michael@mywellex.com to set up a meeting time to go over in Bubble -

Thanks

m

Hi @michael.youmans,

Unfortunately, we provide support services in written form only. But, if you could share the maximum details with me, I will do my best to solve this issue. A video recording showing the entire setup, specifically your page and popup layout settings, or anything else that might help us check your issue. So I can reproduce it on my side.

Here is my test page, you can check my setup and test it: Zeroqode-demo-23 | Bubble Editor

Also, please make sure you are using the latest version of the plugin.

We are willing to help you with the issue you have and we will do our best for this, in cooperation with you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi @Gulce

Here is the video - please let me know what, if anything, I am doing wrong - thank you.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QzY-MLKlQfR8odQmoLlMllDgrwtraHdv?usp=sharing

m

Hi @michael.youmans,
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

We have thoroughly reviewed your setup and it appears to be correct. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the issue on our end, as you can see from my test page. To further investigate, could you kindly confirm that you are using the latest version of the plugin?

If you are using the latest version but the issue still persists, the most effective way we can diagnose and resolve the issue within your app is to grant access. If you are able to provide us with access to your app, with edit rights, we can personally investigate your app and provide additional support services to locate and evaluate the issue without taking much of your time.

However, if you prefer not to provide us with access we do not have the power to determine how to fix any issues that may arise in any existing user’s app. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi @Gulce

So my setup is correct - and yes, we are on the newest version of the plugin, as it was DLed from your page in Bubble (I would think that your placement in bubble would be the latest version, correct?). And yes, we are on the latest version of the Bubble app as well.

Having said that - shown you the video and provided you with everything except access (to be honest, it shouldn’t take you guys having access to see that it just doesn’t work). Having seen that we have correctly set up the plugin and seeing that your plugin doesn’t work, I would like to request a refund of the total amount paid (I bought the outright license for $25). As you saw that your app doesn’t work, so there is no fear that we are going to use - we will delete immediately (I would even send you a video showing us deleting the app if you would like).

As far as getting access, we are a privately run company with a huge investment in design and development - therefore we can’t allow outside people into our platform. I am sure you understand as you are probably just as private with granting access under the hood as we are.

Thank you for your time -

Michael

Hi @michael.youmans,

We understand your concern about providing access to your app, but it would really help us in investigating the issue as it is not reproducing on our side. Because unfortunately sometimes it happens that there is a difference between our plugin version (it is the dev version) and yours (the production version). We assure every user that we keep data/design safe and secure, and we only use the access provided for the purpose of investigating the issue.

However, we respect your decision if you prefer not to provide us with access to your app. In such cases, our options for providing a solution are limited since we cannot reproduce the issue on our side.

As for the refund, I’m afraid, we are unable to help you with the refund because all plugin sales go through the Bubble marketplace platform, making it technically impossible to issue a refund from our side.

You can reach out to their team at support@bubble.io and explain the situation, perhaps they may help.

Apologies for not being able to help. Hope for your understanding.

Best,
Gulce

Hello @Gulce ,

Yes - I have requested from Bubble and they are working on a refund now. Thank you so much for your patience and help in this matter - really appreciate you being there for me and my issues.

Have a great weekend!

m

1 Like

Hello @michael.youmans,

We always strive to provide the best support possible and we’re sorry that we weren’t able to find a solution this time. :pray:

We want you to know that we’re always here to help with any questions or concerns you may have about our products. So please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you for choosing our products, and we hope to have the opportunity to assist you in the future.

Take care! :slightly_smiling_face: