Services Plugins FAQs

Delete file in Box

Hi, I’m trying to use the Box plugin to delete a file previously uploaded. They just won’t delete!

I keep on getting an error 404, not sure what that means. I am passing the file id into to the Delete a file element. Screenshot attached.

Please let me know what else I can try

Thanks

Bruce

Hi @bruce.mcvicar,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for this trouble. Please let our development team investigate and fix it where it is required. I’ll notify you back on this matter asap.

Best,
Alex

Alex

Hi, thanks for looking into this.

If it helps at all, I now find I’m getting the same error when trying to view a file using Get Embed Link followed by Open an external website.

The other odd thing I’ve noticed is that I’ve tried to delete the default hash value that the Get Folder’s Items element comes with - 123 - and it seems eventually to reappear. This could be just me, so I’ll test further, but is this something I need to handle differently?

Regards

Bruce

Alex

The error message from Bubble suggests the element is actioning a default file id, no matter what file I request.
When I create the Get Embed Link element, it comes with a file id already entered - 690957249054. I delete this and replace it with my dynamic reference. When I try to use the element, the error message is as per attached - showing this file id

Similarly, Delete a File comes with file id 691010521992, which appears in the error messages.

Hi @bruce.mcvicar,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We have managed to fix the ‘Delete’ feature on our side, but we’ll take a look into these ones as well, then reply on this matter asap!

Best,
Alex

Hi @bruce.mcvicar,

I’m reaching out with an update. We managed to fix these issues so you can now upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again.

Thanks for your patience!