Services Plugins FAQs

Difficulty using Print Pro

Hi

I have built a system in Bubble for a flying school, I am using Print Pro to print a copy of the student record after each training flight.

I’m initially using Print Element and am reasonably happy with the result but I would like to format the printed page to look different to the entry screen.

I’ve tried using the HTML template and HTML template advanced workflow steps but I can’t get either of these to do what I want.

The demo site doesn’t seem to have an example of these in use.

The main problem I have at the moment is that (I’m using in line styles) the printed page is not using any of the styles.

Is there an example somewhere or a document that explains how these steps work.

Many Thanks

David

Hello, @david.betts
Thanks for your question.

In order to investigate your issue, can you please share with us an example of the document, which you are trying to print?

Please let me know what you mean by that: “I would like to format the printed page to look different to the entry screen.”?

Looking to hear you soon.
Best regards,

Hi

I have managed to get a reasonable result using the print element step as illustrated below… but I would still like to understand how the HTML template steps work so that I can have more control over the printed output layout, font, colours, images etc!

Student Record screen|689x373

Hello, @david.betts
Happy to hear that all is working well now.

As for HTML functionality, please note that it works only with the correct HTML page layout. You can verify it on different resources, for example, https://www.freeformatter.com/html-validator.html

So, you can create an HTML template to insert dynamic data into or create a template with custom HTML, JavaScript, CSS & dynamic data all in one.

We will take into consideration the possibility to make documentation more detailed to simplify the work with this plugin. Thank you for your feedback! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,

Thanks for the reply … it is working but not as well as I would like. One example is that on the entry screen I use dropdown lists … when printing I don’t really want the little dropdown arrow to be printed … that’s why I was wanting to use the HTML template - unless you have another suggestion.

Thanks

David

Hello, @david.betts

Please allow us to investigate your case and to revert with a solution asap.
It may take some time due to the weekends, but we will do our best to speed up the process.

Thanks for understanding.
Best regards,

Hello, @david.betts

By this message, I would like to inform you that we have fixed the Print Pro plugin and now it’s working with HTML code properly.
Please update your plugin to the latest version and give it a try.

Regards,

Thank you I’ll try it in the next few days.

David

1 Like

Hello, @david.betts

If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :smiley:

The more feedback we get, the more motivated to build great plugins :smiley:
Thanks! :pray: