Services Plugins FAQs

Display video to user using AWS File Uploader

I recently installed AWS File Uploader plugin. My question is how to get the video source to display on my website after being uploaded. For example, the user uploads a video on the GUI and it displays on the site with a video player. is this possible?

Hello, @carlos.miranda0620. Thanks for reaching out.

You can use the state “Fileuploader A’s List of file URL: last item” or “Fileuploader File URL” as the source of your uploaded video file. Depending on the condition of the checkbox Many files.

As I can see, the standard bubble video element does not have the Dynamic Value field (the way you can indicate your own video source). It has only 2 source types - YouTube and Vimeo.

I can recommend you try our Plyr plugin. It has the Bubble Video A element with the Dynamic link field - there you can indicate the “Fileuploader File URL” as the source of your video file.

But still, it’s up to you which video plugin to use :slightly_smiling_face: The point is to indicate the “Fileuploader File URL” state as the dynamic value in the video element.

I hope this info will be useful for you :pray:
Regards,
Kate

@kate Great! Thank you for the response! I ended up getting plyr plugin. Got everything to connect but my video doesn’t play, it recognizes the URL when I inspect it. Can it be because of my bucket policy?

@carlos.miranda0620,

First of all, yes, you’d better verify that your bucket policy is Public, as it is noted in the plugin documentation.

Second of all, as per the fact, I have no information about your plugin setup, please verify that if your Fileuploader A’s Many files checkbox is:

• active, to use as the BubbleVideo A dynamic source the value “ Fileuploader A’s List of file URL: last item” - to play the last uploaded file;
  • inactive, to use as the BubbleVideo A dynamic source the value Fileuploader A’s URL - to play the video file that you’ve just uploaded.

I hope this suggestion will work for you :pray:
Regards,
Kate

I found the solution. My bucket policy was not allowing it to play.

@kate Now this led to another question. So when I upload a video and the url is created, how am I able to send it to my bubble database, so I am able to retrieve the video on bubble’s interface.

(EX: user uploads video -> file URL gets uploaded to bubble’s database -> URL connects to our video data type -> We can see all video fields (title, creator, time, etc)

Thank you so much for the support @kate

@carlos.miranda0620,

You can add an action “Create new thing”, indicate a type of this thing (“AWS Table”, for example), and add a field URL/source:

Or you can take a look at our demo page editor to find out more details on the displaying/using the uploaded file URLs:

Test this page out, upload some files, “get objects” and check the All AWS Tables table in the plugin database.

It should help :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,
Kate

1 Like

@kate Perfect! It worked. Thank you for the help:)

@carlos.miranda0620,

You are always welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:
If there any question/trouble appear, let me know.

Regards,
Kate

1 Like

Hi @kate,

Another question for you. Am I able to integrate a CDN (Content Delivery Network) to this plugin?

I am thinking of using CloudFront.

Thank you

@carlos.miranda0620,

I suppose this forum threads will be interesting for you, regarding your question:

Hope it will be useful for you :pray:
Regards,
Kate