Services Plugins FAQs

Document Reader Plugin

Hi,

Is there any documentation available for the Document Reader Plugin (Document Reader & Word Counter Plugin for Bubble | Zeroqode). There does not appear to be any documentation so any help on setting this up would be appreciated. I have been able to muddle through on my own and I am able to get a word doc to work but not a PDF. I have tested the same PDF on the dem site and it works fine but on my site it is not working so I guess I need to do something for PDF’s. What I want to do is upload a document and then save the text that is generate in the database. I don’t really need the text to show up on the page, just need it to be saved in the database.

Hi @laurencedoherty1, thanks for your message, and sorry for the delayed answer.

In case of plugins with simple functionality - we provide a demo page where the most common cases are set, and of course we provide support on any appeared question :slight_smile:

You can use the “Create a thing” action, to save the obtained text (to avoid empty values, you can use the “not empty” condition).

In case the issue persists, please let me know and share a screenshot with the element & workflows setup as well as the .pdf file sample, so I can replicate your case on our side.

Regards,

Hi Serg,

Thanks for coming back to me, it is appreciated. The plugin works great for .docx files but for .pdf files it is not working. Here is a screencast of the issue.

Hi @laurencedoherty1, thanks for sharing the screencast.

Please share the screenshot with the error that appears on pdf file upload:

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Hi, there is no error shown. As can be seen in the screen cast, when a pdf is uploaded nothing happens. No text is generated and there is no error shown.

Hi @laurencedoherty1, thanks for your reply.

For a better understanding of your case, please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide us a link to your application (as well as let us on which page and under which user we can replicate your case).
This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.

Regards,

Hi @laurencedoherty1, thanks for your patience.

The developer team checked the app and shared the following feedback:

Errors that appear within the app, are caused by the scripts imported to the SEO/Metatags settings.

Solution for that case might be to (if you are using the “pdf.min.js” library):
*To remove library import from Settings → SEO/Metatags.

Hope this helps. If there will be any other plugin-related questions, drop a message here :wink:

Regards,

That worked! Awesome support, thank you so much guys!

1 Like

@laurencedoherty1 you’re welcome :wink:

If you like our plugin, we would be grateful if you could rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and gives it as many stars as it deserves

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Regards,