Services Plugins FAQs

πŸ“ˆ Documents Viewer - New Plugin from Zeroqode

For the Google Viewer, I have tried 23 of the 34 listed Google file types and I can only get 7 of those to display in the viewer.

Those I can display:
.AI, .CSS, .EPS, .PDF, .SVG, .TXT, JS

Those I tried but cannot display:
.AVI, .BMP, .DXF, .FLV, .GIF, .MOV, .PHP, .PNG, .PSD, .RAR, .TIFF, .TTF, .WMV, .ZIP, WebM,

Those that displayed text vs the page:
.HTML

The rest I could not test. I’m kinda disappointed that this is advertised to support 34 file types but only 7 can actually be viewed. I tested the same list of files in my app as I did at the live demo site test page entering the online source for each of those files. I got the same results locally as I did on the Zeroqode website. I mean…can’t display a .png file? The Microsoft side of things opened all the file types it was supposed to, but I’m not sure what to do about the Google side.

Any suggestions in how I can increase the functionality of this to come close to what it’s supposed to view? What am I doing wrong or missing?

All the files I tried within the app are stored in the Bubble database.

Hi @chris.charette241,

Thanks for reaching out. It is strange that so many file types do not work on your side. Could you please share a bit more details like browser and OS versions you are using so we can investigate faster, as well as a screenshots and/or screencast of a couple of files that do not work? Is the demo throwing any errors on your end? Please let me know. :pray:

Best,
Alex

I receive the same error in my app as I see on the demo page:

I’m using Edge and Google Chrome browsers with an i7 PC with Windows Professional and 32gb memory and pretty fast internet. I also have a MacBook running both Edge and Safari.

I can DM you a source for all the files I tested along with a video showing the inconsistent performance that I’m getting when selecting files that the Google Viewer is listed to (and sometimes does) display. I get the same sort of response whether I’m using Edge or Chrome on the PC or when using Edge, Chrome or Safari on the MacBook.

One thing I did notice is that if I wait 5 seconds or more between selecting different files to view I can get better results but it’s still pretty inconsistent.

Also, there are no errors showing in the app with debug on.

1 Like

Hi @chris.charette241,

Thanks a lot for details via PM! Please let us investigate this further, and test all the supported files to see which ones do not work properly, then get back to you asap!

Best,
Alex

Hey Alex, is there any update on this issue? Did I miss an update?

Hello, @chris.charette241.

Apologies, but the investigation took some time. I hope to get back to you with the update asap this week.

Thank you for your patience :pray:

Hello,

I’m a about to buy this plugin but I have 2 questions first :

• Is it possible to edit an embedded microsoft document (docx) via your plugin?
  • Is it possible to add / accept / reject comments and suggestions on a embedded microsoft document via your plugin?

Thanks for your response,
C.

Hi guys,

Sorry for such a late reply. We managed to test all the possible formats with our plugin, and came across the following results:

.SVG (yes)

.TIFF (yes)

.WebM (no)

.MPEG4 (no)

.3GPP (no)

.MOV (no)

.AVI (no)

.WMV (no)

.FLV (no)

.TXT (yes)

.CSS (yes)

.HTML (yes)

.PHP (no)

.JS (yes)

.DOC (yes)

.DOCX (yes)

.XLS (yes)

.XLSX (yes)

.PPT (yes)

.PPTX (yes)

.PDF (yes)

.PAGES (no)

.AI (yes)

.PSD (no)

.TIFF (yes)

.DXF (no)

.SVG (yes)

.EPS (yes)

.PS (yes)

.TTF (no)

.XPS (no)

.ZIP (no)

.RAR (no)

.PNG (no)

.GIF (no)

@chris.charette241, so the (yes) files are working, and (no) files are not working, unfortunately.

Regarding Google Viewer, please note the following:

However, we’ll have to test the plugin further and fix the formats that are not working. :pray:

@carlitello, unfortunately, it is not possible because our plugin is simply a document viewer.

Sorry for the late reply again. :pray:

Let me know if you have questions.

Best,
Alex

Hi @chris.charette241 @carlitello

I am finally reaching out with our latest updates on this matter. This plugin is supporting only the listed formats above, unfortunately. Which is why we have updated the plugin description so it does not confuse anymore.

Sorry for the long wait. :pray:

Best,
Alex

Hey everyone! :smiley:

We are pleased to announce that we have updated our Demo page :tada:

Now it looks stylish and polished :blush:, and user-friendly.

To check it out please visit its page right here: https://zeroqode-demo-17.bubbleapps.io/documents_viewer.

Any comments or/and suggestions are highly appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope you’ll like it :wink:

Cheers,