Services Plugins FAQs

DocuSign Extended

Hello Zeroqode team! I am using your plugin for Docusign.
I am interested in two questions:

1. Can I send an already signed document with an envelope ID for signature to another person?
  2. Can I send a clean document for signature to two recipients at once (myself and the performer. I am the customer) and make two fields for signatures in it? In this case, how do I properly JSON Object?

Could you help me please? I hope that this is within your competence.
Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Greetings, @marova.alesya!

Thank you for your query.

Will get back to you with a possible solution ASAP.

Best regards.

Hey there, @marova.alesya!

Thank you for your patience.

(Quote 1st question)

Yes, you can send an already signed document to another user. In that case, you just use the present pluginā€™s setup. The only thing is that the document, that you resend will be assigned with a different envelope ID, as it is how the Docusign works.

(Quote 2nd question)

Yes, you can do that. However, there will be some specifications in order to fulfill your goal, if I got it correctly. So letā€™s go step by step.

1. To send a clean document for two recipients: yes, you can do so by adding another input field for the email Screenshot by Lightshot and also writing additional recipient in JSON, you can check it here Screenshot by Lightshot

2. To make two fields for a signature is also possible and you can make it like this Screenshot by Lightshot

However, referring to the Docusign setup, when there are several signatories, they only see the field, that has to be signed by them, so each signatory has access only to one field. With the method offered above, there are 2 fields for a signature, as you wanted, but due to the Docusign specification, both fields have to be filled up by the same recipient, which is not what you wanted.

So I can offer you a workaround: 2 recipients both will receive the same document, however, the first one will see one field for signing and the second one sees another one - in the screenshot you can see that Iā€™ve set up the position parameters differently, so you can see the different location of the signature field in the document: Screenshot by Lightshot

Examples of how it looks on the document, that both had signed Screenshot by Lightshot

Hope it helps!

Best regards.

Hi, thank you for such a detailed response!
I saw that you managed to complete my goal.

When I sending the document now, I get the following error:
The service DocuSign Extended - Create & Send Envelope just returned an error (HTTP 400). Please contact the plugin author directly for feedback. Raw error:
{
ā€œerrorCodeā€: ā€œINVALID_REQUEST_PARAMETERā€,
ā€œmessageā€: ā€œThe request contained at least one invalid parameter. A document was defined without setting the ā€˜nameā€™ field.ā€
}

I attach the JSON that I use.
Could you tell me please, what could be my problem?
Let me know if you need more details. Thanks!

J2

Hey, @marova.alesya!

Iā€™m happy to hear I understood your idea correctly and managed to find a solution for you :slightly_smiling_face:

As I can see from the error, you havenā€™t use the correct name for the file. Kindly refer to our Demo page Editor and check it there again, cause there the file name is extracted by the file uploader itself, so Bubble can recognize, find and upload it.
Take a thorough look, using our workflow as an example and let me know how did it go.

Best regards.

Hello, thank you for your response!

If I doing the workflow as shown in the demo version, then it works, thank you

However, I would like to select from the already uploaded documents (from the database) and send it for signature. However, I get the error that I showed above.

Please tell me, what could be my issue?
Let me know if you need more details. Thanks!

Hi, @marova.alesya1!

In order to check whatā€™s wrong with your setup and test it out in your workspace, would it be convenient for you to add our support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app?

Enter your Bubble editor page ā†’ Settings ā†’ ā€œCollaborationā€ tab ā†’ Invite a user (email).

(Note: you can add our support account to the collaboratorsā€™ list even if your app is on a Free plan.)

I will check your setup and do a few tests in an attempt to find the root cause and help you fix it.

In case it is ok for you, please let me know.

Also, let me know the name of the file you want to upload from the database.

Best regards.

I have configured the selection of documents from the database, and now it works.
If I need your help again, I will let you know.

Thank you for all your work!!

1 Like

@marova.alesya1,

I am really glad to hear, that you have managed everything in the setup :slightly_smiling_face:
In case, if you like our plugin, please feel free to give it as many stars, as you think it deserves in the Plugin tab section, in your editor. It motivates us to create even more cool plugins. :crossed_fingers:

And, of course, if there will be any more questions - we are always here to help :pray:

Best regards.

Good afternoon! I have one more question about jSON.

Is it possible to form a jSON body so that not only the signature element is displayed in the document, but also the name/business name of the customer and the contractor. Either put it through jSON, or load it dynamically.
I will be glad if you show me how to write jSON correctly.

Could you help me please? I hope that this is within your competence.
Thank you in advance!

Hello, @marova.alesya1!
Please accept my apologies for such a delayed reply.

Unfortunately, providing the custom-made JSON body is indeed beyond our competence. We can only point users in a direction, indicate the root cause of some error (if it is caused by the incorrect setup, etc), and provide some useful URLs, but canā€™t help with the exact solution for the particular use cases. Because this kind of service is in the custom development range. Iā€™m sincerely sorry for this. :pensive:

It is necessary to add that some beginner JSON skills are needed for using the DocuSign Extended plugin, as long as this service uses JSON formatted queries.

It should be possible to include the parameters you have mentioned in the JSON body. I hope these resources will help you to understand how to compose the custom JSON body:

Hope it helps. :pray:

Hello,

Is it possible to embed DocuSign in our app? That whole workflow of signing documents will be handled inside of our apps?

Hi @ktarczynski, thanks for your question.

It might depend on the use case logic that you would like to implement within your app.

To see the available actions and for setup guidance, please use the plugin:

Hope it helps. Please let me know if I can help with any other plugin-related questions.
Regards,