Services Plugins FAQs

Does ZQ have a plugin that can handle Errors in API Workflows

I’ve created a postcode lookup for one of my apps and it works perfectly… that is until a user types in a postcode that doesn’t exist. Now I anticipated this so I built some custom states to handle all of these errors. However bubble handles these errors in its own way that is far from ideal.

Bubble shows their own error message which shows the user what API service that I’m using and it doesn’t even display a professional message. https://share.getcloudapp.com/DOu8GK8R

This kills the postcode lookup feature of my site so I’m wondering what my options are.

a) Does ZQ have a plugin that can handle this?
b) Is there a work around?
c) Is this something that could be custom coded by the Dev team as a private plugin for my business?

I did talk to your dev team about building a custom plugin but rather than being private the option was to essentially sponsor the development of a plugin and potentially earn from the revenue. This is something that I am considering.

Thanks in advance

Hello @shaun

Thanks for reaching out!

I’m afraid we don’t have such a tool to catch errors, some of them may be on server side others can be on front end. There are dozens of dozens of scenarios which bubble handles them in different ways. So a plugin of this scope needs a research to see how and if it is feasible.

No, unfortunately not. Sorry.

Yes there should be always a workaround, but it depends on solution. Considering that you’re dealing with API requests maybe handle via code, let’s say by catching the error on the Bubble side and offering an event of sorts which will trigger a message etc.
This is most likely to be a unique plugin somehow.

I believe a best way is to send a request to our team via customization form to get you the effort estimates we need to have the requirements about the project shared first.

If all of that looks good - please Send us a Request and one of our managers will get back to you. https://dev.zeroqode.com/?scroll=getstarted

Regards,
Dumitru.

Hi Dumitru,

Thanks for your reply… I managed to work this out in the end. For whatever reason bubbles “handle workflow error” wasn’t working but when I switched to “element has workflow error” on the find address button then bubble allowed me to handle all of the workflow errors exactly how I wanted.

My feature is now working perfectly :slight_smile:

Many thanks

Shaun