Services Plugins FAQs

Drag & Drop Reorder RG for Mobile

Hello again Zeroqode team and forum aficionados,

The Drag & Drop Reorder RG plugin is perfect for reordering content for my app, but in testing on mobile devices I’ve noticed that as the user scrolls down, upon reaching the Drag & Drop Reorder RG area, they can scroll no further as any attempt to do so just reorders items in the RG. Users get stuck here which is a dealbreaker.

Because of this, I need a control added to the plugin that I can toggle for mobile devices. This control would allow activation of the plugin’s reorder feature ONLY IF the object CLICK AND HOLD for xxx amount of time (in milliseconds) is true. With this feature, users will be able to scroll past the RG without accidentally reordering the RG when using mobile devices.

Is it possible the Zeroqode heroes can add this feature to the plugin? I’m sure this would be helpful to other users who want to use it for mobile-friendly apps… really crossing my fingers here because otherwise I will need to find a totally different solution to achieve my goal.

Thanks so much for your consideration!

1 Like

Hello @obtrectation ,
Thank you for your message and suggestion.

We will add this request to the list of plugin improvements and our dev team will verify if the plugin library allows that and check how feasible it will be to include it in the next plugin update.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide any timeframes, since this feature request currently holds a low priority for our team.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

If you have any further questions or ideas for the plugin, feel free to contact us.
Cheers!

1 Like

@AntonZ Thanks so much, I appreciate you getting this on the calendar. I understand it is not a high priority for your team. That said, are you able to advise on a timeframe? We are planning to do a soft launch in January and I’d like to have this worked out by then… if you think it might be longer I’ll need to find another solution. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for all you do!

1 Like

Hello @obtrectation ,
Thank you for your patiecne.

I’m excited to share that we have effectively resolved the issue with the Drag & Drop to Reorder RG Plugin action and have updated it to version 1.28.0.

Could you please update the plugin in your app to this latest version and confirm if the feature you mentioned before works fine? :blush:

Feel free to explore the plugin’s functionality on our demo page.

To make the touch delay feature work, watch the Loom video we made on our demo page, which shows you in detail how to enable this feature.

Also, if you like our plugin you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. We would appreciate it a lot!

Your patience and cooperation throughout this process have been greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

2 Likes

@AntonZ What a surprise! Thank you so much for coming through with this! What an awesome team. On first test it seems to work great. I will let you know if I run into any issues. One thing that comes to mind is that for UX, it would be nice if there was an option to trigger an animation when the object is ready for dragging… just to visually show the user that it is ready. The other note is that if the user holds for too long in a browser, and the draggable object is an image, the browser will offer to save/etc. I used the free “Prevent Right Click Context Menu” plugin to get around this.

1 Like

Hello @obtrectation ,

Thank you for providing the idea to improve our plugin.
I would like to let you know that I have passed the information to our development team and they are currently reviewing it, as soon as I hear back from them I will definitely get back to you.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Cheers!

1 Like

Hello @obtrectation,
Thank you for your patience.

I am happy to announce that we have added a new “Increase delayed element” feature to the Drag & Drop to Reorder RG plugin and updated it to version 1.29.0

Could you please update the plugin in your application to this latest version and confirm if this feature works as it should :blush:.

Feel free to explore the functionality of the plugin on our demo page.
Also, I have attached a screenshot of the plugin settings showing this feature.

Thank you for your idea and patience while working on improving this plugin.
Cheers!

1 Like

The Drag & Drop Reorder RG plugin is a great tool, but your concern about accidental reordering on mobile is valid. Here’s a breakdown of your situation and potential solutions:

The Issue:

• Drag & Drop Reorder RG allows users to reorder items by dragging and dropping.
  • On mobile devices, scrolling can be misinterpreted as a drag, causing unintended reordering.

Desired Feature:

• A toggle-able control that activates the reorder feature only when a user clicks and holds for a specific duration (e.g., xxx milliseconds) on mobile devices.
  • This allows scrolling without accidental reordering.

Potential Solutions:

1. Click and Hold for Reorder (Custom Implementation):
  • This requires adding custom logic to your app.
  • You can use the onMouseDown event of the RG cells to track the time the user holds the click.
  • If the hold duration exceeds the set threshold (xxx milliseconds), enable drag and drop functionality.
  • Libraries like Hammer.js can simplify touch events handling.
  1. Alternative Plugin (Consider Limitations):
  • Explore other reorder plugins that might offer built-in click and hold functionality specifically for mobile devices.
  • Be aware that alternative plugins might have different features or limitations compared to Drag & Drop Reorder RG.

Zeroqode Feature Request:

Adding the click and hold functionality as a built-in toggle for mobile devices would be a valuable improvement for the Drag & Drop Reorder RG plugin. You can submit a feature request to Zeroqode, highlighting the benefits it would bring to mobile app development.

Hello @cellphoneareas,

Thank you for reaching out, and our sincere apologies for the delayed response, it appears your message was inadvertently overlooked.

The feature you mentioned is already available in the plugin. To use it, simply look for the “Delay on touch” checkbox and set the “delay time” to specify when the dragging will start on mobile devices, just as you described. (image)

Could you please give it a try and let us know if it works as expected?

Thank you again, and we look forward to your feedback.

Best regards,
Stefan