Services Plugins FAQs

Drag & Drop Reorder RG - Won't save to database

Hi,

does anyone use the Drag & Drop to reorder RG? I’m able to reorder within the RG, but it doesn’t change the database. So everytime I update the page, the changes I made disappear.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi @rudibakken, thanks for your question.

Please be sure to add a plugin event that tracks the moment when you change the cell’s position:

Setup example you can find on the plugin demo editor page: Zeroqode-demo-23 | Bubble Editor

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there are any other plugin-related questions that I can help with.

Regards,

1 Like

I copied the settings, but what i achieved now is that as soon as I drag an element, it changes back to its original place almost immediately.

Could you walk me through it? I just want to be able to change the order of the elements in a RG, and that the changes are saved to the database :slight_smile:

Hi @rudibakken, thanks for your reply.

Please be sure that besides the event itself, you’ve also added a “Make a change to a thing” action, that rewrites the item order, using the plugin element custom state, see the picture above for reference.

Hope this helps. In case there are still any issues, please share a screencast (I recommend using the Loom tool) with the setup setting and use case that you are trying to implement. It will allow to identify any cause much faster.

Regards,

Thank you! Yes, I did add a “Make a change to a thing” action initially but it seems that it doesn’t save the changes.

Here is my workflow setup:

and

Here is what I’m facing today. I drag an element to a new place in the repeating group (changing the order) and it stays put, but when I refresh the page the order is back to it’s original state. After having refreshed the page, I see two warning messages in the editor. I don’t know if they are meaningful to you:

@rudibakken, thanks for the reply.

I’m afraid that shared screenshots do not provide enough information on the possible causes.

This would help us to understand better your case.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

I have added your support e-mail to my editor and sent you a message about where the draggable RG is installed - just let me know if you need more info :slight_smile: