Services Plugins FAQs

Drag / Drop Repeating group delay when saving order

I’m in the middle of implementing a Kanban board. Within a column, users have the ability to drag / drop cards to re-order the list. I have everything working correctly re: saving the order, but something funky is happening for a brief period after the “drop” action. Specifically, the order flips back to the old order, then the new one again. It all happens in about 1 second.

Is there a delay between the “drop” action and when it’s actually saved in the database? How best to tackle this so that the user doesn’t see this funky behavior?

You can see this behavior in a short video I made here.

Separately, in the same video you’ll notice some jitter when dragging the card up. How do I get rid of this? My settings are shown in the image below:

Thank you!

Hi @2706mason,
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

The delay you’re observing after dragging is actually related to Bubble’s functionality. I’m afraid, there’s no specific action our developers can implement to enhance this performance aspect at this time. Hope for your understanding.

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue you reported. However, it seems to be an issue when you hold the order for a second and don’t drag it right away. Still, if it’s convenient for you we can check it in your app. For this please add our Support email to the list of collaborators to your application.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com. You can do this even if your app is on the Hobby plan, as our account is on an Agency.

Best regards,
Gulce