Services Plugins FAQs

Dropdown menu arrows mysteriously missing

Hello,

I’m using the Booky template. I’ve customised the search bar a bit and all looks fine in the UI builder.

But whenever I go to preview mode the arrows at the right-hand side of the dropdown bar are gone!

Any idea what’s causing this? Apologies if it’s something really obvious :grinning:

Hi, @alexcooney6!

Thanks for reaching out!
It happened because template is using an HTML element that has a certain style:

So, when you customize dropdown in the editor, this HTML is not implementig until you press preview, that’s why in the editor you see these arrows while in the preview- don’t. That means the arrows are visible by defualt in the editor as HTML is not implementig yet and streght after you preview, they are invisible due to the specified styles (style indicate- ignore default style). We overwrote the default styles and set them invisible for dropdown to be well previewed in different browesers.

To make these arrows appear in the preview you can delete HTML element or ID Attribute.
!NOTE! If you delete HTML element or ID Attribute all dropdown’s styles will be by defualt and limited to customize.

Hope this helps!
Kind Regards, Julia!

1 Like

Hi Julia,

Thanks for that :grinning: I deleted the ID attribute and now happy with how it looks so all good.

Alex

Hi, @alexcooney6!

Glad to hear that! :slight_smile:

If you like our template you can rate it by going to Template tab in Bubble editor. Find the template by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :slight_smile:

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great templates :slight_smile:

Also if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask!
Best, Julia!